Donor 12924

Hello Everyone,

My top pick is #12924. I see that he’s been a donor for several years.

Anyone have issues or challenges pre/post conception?

Any successes, child characteristics, or photos to share?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Hi @Gnos36,

I'm also considering #12924 and am looking for information on any experiences using this donor. I noticed he donated quite awhile ago, at a time when they tested for far fewer genetic carrier traits. I'm getting tested soon to see if I should be worried about this issue. Also, I'm curious as to why there are so many vials still available for this donor given all the positive traits and how long he's been a donor. I may call the clinic to confirm when his last donation was, as I'm hoping it was when he was younger (he appears to be 35 now).

I'll let you know if I find out anything more!

• Hello @freya1019!

Yeah, it sounds like he started in 2011 and then left in 2013. But you're right--I was able to learn he was shelved for a few years until undergoing some additional testing due to revised regulations and then released again.

Apparently, these are the last of his vials. But with the one genetic condition he has, users would need to sign a waiver. This could be the reason...but maybe his "anonymous donor" status as well? At any rate, your genetic testing will be good to have!

I'm going to check into the ordering/waiver process to see what's all involved. Hopefully it's painless :smile: I'll keep you posted on anything else I learn, too!

• Hello @Gnos36
    I wish I would have known all of this before spending so much money on this donor. I may need to reverse my order. I was hoping that he would have had more genetic testing or have came back to do it. I'm frustrated because all of my other donor picks are out and I am almost 40 and I have been searching almost a year, so I choose this one thinking he would be a good pick. If you or anyone else can find out anything more please keep me and everyone else posted. Thank you

• Hello @Godgifts,

I apologize--I didn't mean to alarm you. I actually did recently buy vials from this Donor as well.

Apparently, he did go back for some additional testing and was cleared for vial sales again not long ago. But you're right--he didn't undergo full genetic testing. If you have your own genetic screening results, you'll be in good shape.

Due to Covid, the Bank doesn't have as many new donors as they normally do. So people are looking further back in the catalogue and he has been selling. I was also informed that he's had healthy pregnancies.

So all in all it's positive news--your search hasn't been in vain!

I'm aiming to undergo IUI this month. I'll keep you posted!

• Best of luck, @Gnos36 !! I finally got my genetic tests back (they took 3 weeks!) and now it appears that they are out of vials from this donor. So disappointed! I noticed they are running out of several popular donors, as you noted, due to COVID-19. I will likely go with another sperm bank that has a donor who looks like a good choice. I wish you all the best, fingers crossed your IUI goes well and that you return with good news!

• Hi @Gnos36,

Turns out some additional vials came off hold and I just purchased one. I'm planning to do IVF because I froze eggs when I was younger. I hope your IUI went / goes well!! Fingers crossed for both of us!

• Hello @freya1019 ,

That's great news that you were able to get a vial and with IVF you're in excellent shape! I hope everything goes stellar and I look forward to hearing how it goes!

I'll try IUI mid-month, so I'll keep you posted!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi @Gnos36 ,

I'm curious to hear how your IUI went. For my IVF process, out of 20 eggs, 5 were fertilized successfully with sperm from donor 12924. They underwent PGT testing and only one was normal, but I'm excited to move forward with implantation next month. I'll let you know how it goes!

• I know I’m late to the conversation was just wondering if either of you had any luck with this donor.

I’m currently 12 weeks with this donor!!

• Looking for Vials from Donor 12924

Hi Everyone.
    I just purchased one vial of Donor 12924 and it’s nice to hear of your experiences here on the bulletin board. If anyone has any updates on using this donor, please let me know.

Also, I need to purchase additional vials from this donor and I wonder if anyone might have some available and be interested in selling them?

Thank you.

• I purchased 1 vial from donor 12924. We did 1 ivf cycle with my wife's eggs retrieved 6 eggs and only had 2 embryos and did not achieve pregnancy. We did another round of ivf with my eggs, retrieved 8 eggs and only 2 fertilized but they stopped growing on day 3 and I was advised to use a different donor.

• Hi, for anyone who has used donor 12924 and would like another vile for a sibling, or if you just have your heart set on using him, I have a vial that I'm not going to use. I would be happy to work out shipping it to you etc.
    @Southernbelle7 @soopa @LilyCa @freya1019 @Gnos36

• @Soopa, I’m hoping that everything continued to go well! I was also successful with this donor in 2021.

• beachgirl831beachgirl831 Posts: 2
    edited July 14, 2023 3:01PM

@freya1019 I am about to use this donor again. I feel more prepared this time. Did your pregnancy go well? How is your child?Did you do ICI? Would love to connect if I am successful!

• @freya1019 I would love to connect if you are interested. My contact info is on the sibling registry.

My son was born with a congenital heart defect called tetralogy of Fallot. Apparently heart issues are more common in IVF. My son had open heart surgery at 5 months old and is doing so well now. We have two embryos frozen that we intend on using in the near future.