Options

I know there are pregnancies with donor #14960 but have there been any deliveries yet? I’m scheduled for my first IUI 3/31/19 @ 0945 🤞🏻

Comments

• Options

How has it gone? I’m on my second vial with this donor.

• Options

The NP at my REs office did the IUI wrong, it was a Sunday so my RE wasn’t there. My first vial that was a waste and was only average. My REs office reimbursed me and basically paid for the repeat IUI. I had a better vial the second time and did become pregnant but sadly miscarried at 9-10 weeks. We aren’t really sure why but a couple factors could have come into play. I will try again in September. I’m not sure if I will use this donor or a different one. I haven’t decided yet.

• Options

@Faith4Baby I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please let us know if there's anything that we can help you with. Our genetic counselors are available at 877-743-6384 if you have any questions.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

@Faith4Baby Sorry about my last message! I didn't see that you had replied. Sorry for your loss, and appreciate you update. I'm curious if you could elaborate on what you mean by a couple of factors? Factors due to the sperm vial? Or anything on your end? Of course, please only share if comfortable. Thank you!

• Options

Thank you. They don’t typically test POC after miscarriage until is becomes repetitive. They simply chalk the 1st miscarriage up to chromosomal abnormality. Perhaps it was, I just know the last image I have is a baby with a brain, straight spine, arms and legs. The heartbeat was always where it should have been. I had a few other issues crop up that could have been a factor so there is know way to know. It’s frustrating because I am 40. I think it’s viscious to make s woman go through more than 1 miscarriage before insurance will cover testing. Especially, for women 40 and over. That’s our medical insurance companies hard at work. I truly hope your are successful with a pregnancy!

• Options

@Faith4Baby I so appreciate your reply and I can't imagine what that's like to go through. We're crossing our fingers that IUI works and hoping we don't have to deal with any additional testing etc. since our insurance doesn't cover much in the "infertility" space. Best of luck to you as you move forward after this :)

• Options

I was just wondering if there were any reported live births on Donor #1496. I miscarried using this donor and while I have a few other donors I’m interested in for my next attempt, none have any vials left.

• Options

@Faith4Baby Did you end up doing another IUI this month? My #3 IUI didn't work and looking at doing the 4th next week. After that, not sure if we'll try another donor or start doing more extensive testing to see if the trouble is on my end.

• Options

Hi Kbtcole, I am hopefully doing my IUI this week with a different donor. It appears I might be ovulating slightly sooner than anticipated. I’m guessing IUI on Thursday morning and the vial should be here by Wednesday evening. Talk about cutting it close! I hope your 4th one works. It wouldn’t hurt to have further labs and testing done, especially if you have good insurance. Waiting to try again after the miscarriage was a bit frustrating at first but now I feel it was beneficial.

• Options

@Faith4Baby Yes, Donor 14960 has live births, currently less than 5. He has more than 5 reported pregnancies, but most babies are expected in 2020.

Best of luck with your IUI!

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

@Faith4Baby I had my #4 IUI last Thursday so fingers crossed. Will be able to take a pregnancy test next week. If that one didn't work, I'll be doing some more testing. Good insurance, but covers NO fertility services. Go figure. :)

• Options

That’s great! I hope this one works for you! I had my IUI using a different donor on Friday so I will be testing October 9th. My pup indicated I was pregnant 9 days post IUI last time it worked so I will be curious to see what he does on Sunday...

• Options

@Faith4Baby what did he do that indicated you were pregnant? I'm so interested!

• Options
    Faith4BabyFaith4Baby Posts: 32
    edited October 2, 2019 11:41PM

Nose planted my pelvis right above the pubic symphysis and breathed in. From then on he was super cuddly but he would make a point not to step on or put weight on my belly when cuddling on the couch. He is a 60lb staffy.

• Options

very cute :)

• Options

@Kbtcole did your 4th IUI work?

• Options

@Faith4Baby I am so sorry I didn't see this message until now! The 4th IUI did work and I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in June! Hope you're doing well. :)