Pregnancy ended in Ectopic Pregnancy

Baby00FeverBaby00Fever Posts: 10
edited June 7, 2019 6:20PM in Share Your Experience

Hey all-
My wife and I went in for our first ultrasound on tuesday 6/4 with hopes of seeing our baby for the first time. Turns out, the baby was in my fallopian tube, beating heart and everything. Had to go in for emergency surgery to remove the baby as well as my fallopian tube. I am recovering, just heartbroken and very sore. Has anyone else had an ectopic pregnancy and needed surgery? If so, when were you able to do your next IUI?

Comments

• I am so sorry. :( I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2018 but was able to get 2 big shots of Methotrexate (chemo) instead of surgery. What did your dr say about IUI after ectopic?

• What do you mean? I have tried second IUI (failed) now onto third tomorrow!

• My second IUI ended in ectopic, third one in may (failed) and fourth 13 days ago (also failed)

My ectopic surgery was Nov 20 with left tube removal. They first tried shrinking it by giving me the chemo shots, but both of them failed and the embryo ended up rupturing my tube open and I bled out a bit. It wasn't as painful as I thought it should have been, or maybe I have a higher pain tolerance than normal.

I am unsure on what is in my future as four IUIs and sperm vials have killed my bank account.....