Options

Transfer vials from one client to another

I have a child with donor 5680. I have been in contact with a woman who has a child using the same donor and who wants to donate her remaining vials to me. How do we go about transferring her vials to my account. What are the fees involved? Who can I contact for more information on the process and to get it started?

Best regards,
Beatrice

Comments

• Options
    Hi-

Contact our Client Services Department at 866-927-9622. They can explain the process. It can take up to 30 days to complete the transfer (although usually less). The process in a nut shell:

Non Family Vial Transfer Internal Process

CCB Receive Vial Transfer Request:
    Verifies vials have never left CCB’s Control
    Verifies current and new owner have signed notarized documents
    Verifies current and new owner have signed current contract & no outstanding balances due
    Creates Vial Transfer Exchange Checklist to have multiple departments to must sign off on

Genetic Dept:
    Verifies donor has not had any new Genetic reports

Laboratory Dept:
    Verifies donor meets current testing standards

Donor Dept:
    Reviews Long Profile for information that may identify donor
    Update donor’s information if any
    Number of pregnancy – does new owner have child by donor – If answer is no, request may be denied to limit # of births

If all departments approve – Vials are redirected in the system to move back to general inventory and request is submitted to Cryogenics

Cryogenics Dept:
    Physically moves vials to new location

New order generated to add vials to new owner’s account:
    $330.00 admin fee charged
    Both clients are notified transfer complete

I know this is more information than you probably were expecting, but the process is an important one to make sure the new client's interests are protected.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB