Options

Please provide stats on 12256, 12322, 12403, 11303

Dear CCB,

We had a bad experience with Donor 11884 (two miscarriages) and are looking to transfer our 20+ vials of 11884 for another donor.

We have narrowed down our search to the following four finalists and would be interested in finding how the number of reported pregnancies and births for the following donors. I am also interested in learning the number of losses for these donors as well if you can provide that info online.

Finally, we want to know whether Donor 12256 has retired because we are concerned that he only has 16 vials left. Are more vials going to be made available?

Our finalists are: 12256, 12322, 12403, and 11303.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Yee -

I am very sorry to read about your experience so far. Unfortunately, miscarriages are a difficult and all to common part of this process.

Please keep in mind that once the pregnancy occurs, the sperm has virtually nothing to do with the rest of the process. Sperm is basically just a DNA messanger. While chromosomal abnormalities in sperm can contribute to a loss, our donors are all screened for abnormal chromosomes.

The egg and uterus control the pregnancy following conception. You are certainly welcome to change donors if you prefer (and I completely understand the instinct to make a switch), but it will not medically change your chances of success.

Again, sometimes change for the sake of change can be a good thing and help you and your partner stay positive through the pressure and stress of the experience.

My advice in these situations is to follow your gut. There is no right or wrong answer, so trust in yourself to make the best decision possible.

11884 - More than 5 reported pregnancies
    12256 - More than 5 reported pregnancies (final release due in late Sept.)
    12322 - Less than 5 reported pregnancies
    12403 - Less than 5 reported pregnancies
    11303 - More than 5 reported pregnancies

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options

Any update on Donor 11303, I lost all my acct info so had to re-enter. I know of 5 births, but is there an update?

• Options

@All527 We can share if there are more or less than 5. If you need help logging in to your Sibling Registry account, please feel free to contact me at nicole@cryobank.com.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank