Options

Another BFN...

We are out... Beta was negative. We are meeting with the RE this afternoon to see what our next step should be.

I wanted to meet with her because when she asked if I wanted to continue another clomid cycle or move up to the next step, I didn't really know what "next step" meant. Injectables with IUI, IVF... I don't know.

I may still opt to continue another clomid cycle since this was only the 2nd IUI since our miscarriage last September, but at least I'll be better able to make that decision what I understand what all the options are.

Thanks to everyone that were praying & rooting for us! Eventually it will happen if we just hold in there long enough! right???

~Kimberly & T
TTC #1 (February will be our 12th month at this.) Now with 8 unsuccessful IUIs.

Comments

• Options
    kimberly and tina,

i have been there girls. i did 8 unsuccessful IUIs also. i know it doesn't make it any easier, but just know that there are people out there that feel what you feel and have been through it. i am so sorry. yes, eventually it WILL happen.

like i mentioned before, i am doing my first IVF cycle and it just got canceled yesterday. i wasn't responding to the lupron. anyway, it seems like it just never works out huh?

thinking about you!!

ginny
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Kimberly. How was your lining responding to the clomid? Could you increase your clomid dose or try a new donor?
  • Options
    teambs~
    Lining was good. My RE didn't think that increasing the clomid would do too much since I've been developing 2-3 follicles with each 100mg clomid cycle. She stated that increasing the dose would not likely produce more follicles, but would probably begin to affect my lining...

We did switch donors on attempt #7. I actually just realized that this new donor has a limited number of vials left... Gonna have to work on that asap!

We think were going to go with IVF! Yes, there are other steps we can take before that, but we just felt that we've been doing this for too long & just want to step up the game plan to whatever has the highest rates of success. (more on this on the FB group and on your other post!)

Ginny~
    So sorry they had to cancel your IVF cycle. Will they try again next month? Thanks for your words of support!

Kimberly & T
  • Options
    Kimberly,

You are such a positive force on this post!! You continue to maintain a positive attitude, even among adversity. You are very strong. I do think that you are right- it is going to happen for you! This was only your second IUI try since your miscarriage, and they say that it generally takes (on average) 3 tries to get a BFP.

And, since you are switching to IVF, your chances of success are much higher!! I can't wait to hear the good news when it happens!!!!

lots of love and fertile thoughts for you and T,
    kathy
  • Options
    Cathy,

Thanks!! I really do try to be positive, but somedays are definitely harder than others!

Can't wait to hear how your pregnancy progresses!

Kimberly
  • Options
    I know how horrible this process can be. We went through 5 iui's and a biopsy before our 1st BFP. When I was 2 months pregnant we had an u/s that showed the baby had stopped developing. We had a D&C and are going to start all over again in about 2 weeks. I just hope it is easier for us to get pregnant this time. IVF does have better chances but we just can't afford that right now. Good luck to all the ladies who are struggling!

Tonia
  • Options
    Tonia,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I miscarried at 5 weeks last fall and know how hard that can be. You being 8 weeks along must have been very hard.

I wish you the best on your next attempt!
    Kimberly
  • Options
    Kimberly

Just wanted to mention that I'm sorry you are being pushed to IVF.. You are super strong for continuing to try so many times and I wish you success in the future!

Thanks for having such a great attitude and for getting the FB group up and running! Wishing you the best!

Shannon