Options

Number of vials??

38 yo single female here doing IUI. I planned on purchasing 3 vials (for possible 3 IUI cycles). My RE clinic said they usually recommend 2 vials per cycle. That's a lot of money! All my numbers are good as well as fallopian tubes. Thoughts, experiences, advice? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Any advice on number of vials to purchase and how many to ship at a time to the clinic is welcomed! Thank you!
  • Options
    I think this varies from doctor to doctor. We used Kaiser in Northern California and they only had us use one vial per IUI as I don't believe research has shown two increases your chances enough to justify the expense.

Kaiser doesn't have storage facilities so we would pick up the vial ourselves from the CCB office and take it with us on the day of the IUI. If your doctor has storage facilities and they are able to store multiple vials then it might make sense to ship several at once to save money. However, if you ship multiple vials and don't use them I don't think CCB will buy them back since the vials left their facility.
  • Options
    Thank you so much bigsoccerfan!