Options

Using Injectables and ovulating too soon?

So, this has been one hell of a process. My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. I just had another surgery to remove a cyst that was on my ovary. They had me on birth control for 5 months to try and shrink it but it just kept getting bigger. So they finally went in and removed it.

They made me sit out for a month to make sure it healed and everything looked good. They had me remain on the birth control just to make sure nothing would come back. They had me stop taking the birth control on 05/11/11 (which I never started a period before 05/16/11) and start my injectables and clomid on 05/16/11. I gave myself a shot of Menopur every other day until May 23rd and took Clomid everyday cycle days 3-7.

I went in on 05/24/11 for my lab work and ultrasound. Low and behold, the Dr said I already ovulated!!!!!!! WHAT!!! She had me stick around the Dr office to get my lab results because if I had just ovulated then she was going to inseminate me that day. Well, it was too late. So basically we wasted $800 in meds to find out we ovulated early? Do they think we all have money trees in our backyard?

I am so frustrated. So now, my partner doesn't want to spend the money on the shots and just go with the Clomid. AND, they said the Clomid from last time thinned out my uterus lining and I will have to get another medicine to fix that!!! Then the Dr proceeded to tell me it will be around another $400 more if I need other meds! Has anyone else experienced this? So disappointing and frustrating and also an emotional rollercoaster!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, just needed to vent to people who understand what I'm going thru. I just don't know what to do....
  • Options
    no thanks for sharing because am think going on injectables myself. read my story in the single mothers form if you like

lots of baby dust, baby
  • Options
    Well I did found a great website to get the injectables A LOT cheaper than what I paid before!!!! freedomdrug.com You have to have your prescription faxed over to them but the vials of Menopur were only $72.90 per vial compared to over a $100 which I paid last time.

Hope this helps someone else out. Sure did take a lot of the stress off my shoulders. Just waiting to start my cycle and we will be good to go! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Baby dust to everyone! :)
  • Options
    If they put you on estridial (spelling) that is only a couple bucks from walmart or your local pharmacy. We have been on clomid and have always been put on the estridial starting after 5 days of clomid. I feel your pain! We have done 4 cycles of clomid (on 4th now), have inseminated once last cycle and got a BFN. We don't think we even ovulated and that was with Ovidrell. We have spent over 3k and have produced squat!!!!!!!!

The first two cycles of clomid my partners follicles wouldn't mature, they would stop growing at 15mm or so then shrink. She has polycystic ovary syndrome and only has one ovary because of it. So they kept uping the clomid dose. Last cycle we were on 150mg of clomid and discovered we had one follicle that was 30mm...we thought that was huge and was probably a cyst (clomid is great at growing cysts too, and with PCOS, my partner is prone to cysts.) anyways, so she went back to the dr after she AF got here to start new cycle and there was a 15mm cyst (follicle I don't know the dr seemed to think it was a cyst but didn't care obviously because we started a new cycle) and told us her uterine linning was thick! WTH!!! How can your uterine lining be THICK when you basically just had a period!?!?!?!? We are beyond frustrated because OUR dr is one of three in the office. And you basically see whoever is there that day. We haven't seen our dr in FOREVER, since our second cycle and he said he wanted to change us to femerra and injectables (femera is the same thing as clomid except it works on the pituitary gland instead of your ovaries directly....research shows clomid doesn't work great on ppl with PCOS...hence why he wanted us on it!) well the other dr's didn't agree and kept us on clomid,we have done 50, 100, 150 now 200mg of clomid...

If this doesn't work this cycle, and they try to put us on clomid again, we are stopping until we get to see our dr. I don't understand why the other dr's are disobeying our dr's treatment plan.

Anyways......this is frustrating and bad enough...we shouldn't have to waste our money on stuff that isn't going to work...agreed. And the sad thing is, our dr is AMAZING!!!!!! The best around...but the other dr's SUCK!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you and your partner are going thru the same thing as us. This will be our 5th try, (haven't tried since October because of cysts) and changed Dr's.

Now I'm still waiting on AF to get here and was told by the Dr that it should have been here by today, well I'm crampy and bloated and have been since Friday when I spotted a little but that was it. Still no sign of AF...... Does Clomid or Menopur affect your period?

The third IUI I did they put me on Femara but I was allergic to it, which was not pleasent. But since then we have switched Dr's and from what we have heard they are the best in the Midwest. Just wish we could get my damn timing down. I'm still not giving up hope of starting this month. This will be my frist period since they had me on birth control and since I had surgery to remove the cyst. So maybe it's just being stubborn.

It is just very frustrating and still expensive, plus we have to drive an hour away to the Dr and gas isn't cheap by any means!!! I still have hope for us all just feels good to vent sometimes!!! I just want a baby, is that too much to ask for goodness sake!!!!

TommieWartick - Good luck with everything and sending baby dust your way. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes.