Options

Grrrrr Stupid Holidays!

I got a smiley face on the OPK, but I can't get inseminated because of upcoming Labor Day, so no appointments are possible until Tuesday.

By then it will be too late.

Am I the only one who has had this ever happen to them? I would assume this would be more frustrating if it was IVF, but maybe they make exceptions for those.

Comments

• Options
    It almost happened to me. I was due to get a smiley over the 4th of July weekend so I went in early that week and they checked my follies and they were mature enough so I got the trigger shot and went in 36hrs later to ensure I didnt miss my chance. That one was successful.

They say everything happens for a reason so maybe it is meant to be for next month :)
  • Options
    hi lydia-
    that is so frustrating and disappointing. i'm sorry. the clinic i go to does not work on wkends or the holidays either however if you anticipate a smiley face for that time, you call and leave them a message and they will come in to do the procedure. they are on call but the appt is only scheduled for one specific time (which may or not interfere??) at least they do it. i haven't had to go in on a holiday/wkend yet. hang in there :)
  • Options
    That sucks. My doctor gave me her home and cell numbers so when I got the smiley on a Saturday I just called her and she came in on Sunday morning to do the IUI. I hope everything works out for you.
  • Options
    Thank you all. Sorry for the late reply, I have been very busy.
    I didn't know I was going to get the smiley face, my ovulation tends to be on differing days within a certain week. There is a messaging system where you can have a procedure done on a Saterday, but apparently not on government holidays. Hopefully next cycle I will be able to go. :)