Options

Don't worry if you don't get pregnant in the first 3 IUIs.

I had heard that you can forget it after that, but it's just not true. It took me 5 times to get pregnant and I got pregnant on my 6th IUI too. My secret is injectables, clomid has a rep for making a hostile atmosphere in the uterus, my 1st 3 IUIs were with Clomid and I also did acupuncture once a week. Don't be so quick to believe the hype and think you need to go IVF. I'm not young, I have waning fertility etc. but I would, and was planning to do 6 IUIs before trying something else.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sweettheartt,
    It's nice to have some encouraging words. I am going in for IUI #3 next week and am doing this one natural with just a trigger shot. If this one doesn't work we will move on to injectables. I have heard the average numbe rof tries is 4-6 so we plan at least 6 tries before we start looking into anything else :)
  • Options
    I agree 100%. I had 5 IUIs and got pregnant on the 4th and 5th. My 4th was a chemical pregnancy and my 5th I am currently 11 weeks pregnant. I didn't know how many I was willing to try, but I wasn't stopping until I was pregnant. Good luck SareyNicole :)

Melissa
  • Options
    I'm going for IUI #3 this weekend. When starting the process I had said 4 was my limit for this year. So hoping for a BFP this time. :)
  • Options
    Good luck Hopeful2014!
    And thanks Melissa39, we are trying to stay stress free and just go with the flow so we don't let it completely take over our lives.
  • Options
    i was starting to worry, just did IUI #4 with no luck and no know issues.

1st was unmedicated with only 1 follicle.
    2nd wasn't timed perfectly due to a stupid snow storm.
    after 3rd we did a hsg tube scan (eek! wasn't as bad as i hyped myself up to think and all was clear!) we also switched donors at this point
    4th - i was convinced i was pregnant, tired, very nauseous, headache with 3 day late AF but no. i think it was a chemical but can't really confirm that

so i'm keeping the faith, going for number 5(ish) and not stressing it, when we are meant to get pregnant we will right? all we can do is take the best care of our selfs and keep trying. my mom always says all good things come to those who wait ;)

as a side note i have a friend who got pregnant on her 8th, yes 8th IUI and a friend of a friend who did on try #6 so take that 3 times is all you should try lies
  • Options
    Thank you Sarey! Good luck to you too. Have you had #3 yet? I'm currently in my 2ww and will test on Friday. Praying for a BFP for both of us!
  • Options
    Melissa,
    How are things going for you?

Hopeful,
    I had my IUi on Saturday 4/5 so I am in my 2WW and so far i have no symptoms, just a little bloating here and there. How are you doing?

NyMamas,
    i agree that it will happen when it's meant to be. I am hopeful that it'll be meant to be sooner than later for all of us. When do you go in for your next IUI?

Baby dust to all!
    Sarah
  • Options
    Hi Sarah,

Things seem to be going well. I had some heartbeat-like feelings/twinges in my uterus from days 2-4 after my IUI (which is too early) so I have no idea what that was about. I feel good about this time though, and I'll test on Saturday. Fingers crossed for both of us!! Please keep me updated! I know how long the 2ww can be, but I'm here with ya to keep you company!
  • Options
    Well...I broke down and tested early and I got a BFP!!!!!! I can't believe it! 3rd time was a charm. Please pray this one is healthy and no issues this time around.
  • Options
    Hopeful that is so awesome!!!! Congrats!

What day after IUI are you? Were you using clomid or injections?
  • Options
    Thank you Amanduh! I'm now 14dpiui. I took 150mg of Clomid days 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger in the evening on day 11 then my doctor did my IUI on cd13.