Options

11349's low count vials

The 1st 7 vials I had were all great counts. Now that I'm trying to get pregnant again everyone of the 5 vials I have used from him have had low counts! I don't understand what is going on. Is this a problem for anyone else? I'm thinking by this point the others should be informed before purchasing that he's been having a problem. These vials probably shouldn't be sold for full price anymore since it's about half of the guarantee or a 2 for 1. This is so frustratintg. Especial when thousands are spend on injectible medications and there is already and underlying female problem. I'm upset.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Gracie-

I'm sorry for your recent bad experience. I would be very upset as well. Please contact Melonee at mevans@cryobank.com to discuss the situation. For the future or for anyone else reading, it is not necessary to go through multiple cycles before contacting us about a vial quality issue.

It is not clear from your posting if you shipped all 5 vials at once or individually. I will assume they all shipped together.

In general, there are a number of possible explanations -- none of which will ease the frustration I'm sure you're feeling. A few possibilities:

1. Your physician is washing IUI specimens. This is not uncommon and can easily bring down the count below the guarantee.

2. Tank failure during shipment. If the vials beging to thaw and are then refrozen, it can destroy sperm.

3. A delay in transfering your vials into a permananet tank after shipping could cause thawing and refreezing at the clinic.

4. Sub-standard specimen. Melonee can discuss the specifics with you.

We are fully commited to helping you achieve this second pregnancy and will do everything we can for you. Please get in touch with Melonee ASAP so we can get the ball rolling.

Best wishes,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I left Melonee a message on her answering machine, haven't heard from her yet this time. I did get credits for the 4 other vials. They were shipped at different times, but even the ones sent for replacement were not good. I have one left at the doctor's office and 1 credit, but something tells me the one I have won't be any better.