Options

Naturopathic Update

I know some of you were interested in my results from a Naturopathic Dr. on my miscarriages. Here is a quick overview of my results. I DO NOT have the MTHFR gene mutation nor any NK Cell issues. Being that I am vegan they thought the important Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Folate, Iron might by off. Mines is not. In fact my levels, per her, are better than an omnivore. The only issue they have found that might be an issue is my zinc level. It is in normal range but on the low end of normal. Zinc has something to do with clotting issues. Since I am on the low side of normal, I will be taking baby aspirin and extra zinc as a precaution
You could fine zinc in- pumpkin seeds, nuts and seeds and bean products( kidney beans, lentils)
Basically, there are is no real reason for my miscarriages. It is just an quality of eggs issue that seems to be the culprit.
After this cycle, if I do become pregnant again and miscarry, she will run a Heavy Metal Detox test.
Well that's the short of it.

Comments

• Options
    I wish you the best of luck a_walton. I hope this next cycle is THE cycle for you. When do you get to try again?
  • Options
    Becky,

I heard what happened. I'm soo sorry. How have you been? Are you gonna try again?
  • Options
    Hi Walton,

I remember you mentioning that you had a cyst with af. what happened to that? My af arrived and I have cyst on left ovary, tiny one. doc put me on birth control for 2wks. Great, just what I needed,lol!
  • Options
    Hi becky and sweetly
    Becky I am so glad to hear from you. How are you doing? I started stimming last Saturday. My cycle was thrown off by the mc. Had 21 day progesterone check and I had ovulated and 3 days later, unexpectedly, AF showed up early. So we went with it. E2 level on Monday was 188 after only 2 days of stims. She says I am responding well. So I am gonna go for it.

Sweety- I thought I had a cyst, because of the pain I had and still have on my left groin area. The ultra sound was clear. Thank god. I usually get cysts and have to be benched for a cycle. Not this time.

This whole cycle so far has been wierd. Wierd is good though right? Wish me luck ;)
  • Options
    Sweety and a_walton, thanks for asking about me. I haven't gotten the report from my last miscarriage yet. I don't have my follow up until November 1st. I should know then what the cause of this miscarriage was. But I have no doubt it was chromosomal problems of some kind. I am anxious to know exactly what kind though. No matter what the issue was, I'm pretty sure my eggs just aren't any good.

I am officially starting the embryo adoption process tomorrow. I'm putting my application in the mail to start my home study which is the first required step of any kind of adoption. I am also in the process of getting a loan to fund all of this. It's exciting to start a new journey with hopefully better outcomes!

I have to keep coming back here to hear everyone's news. I've been on here for about a year and half (so hard to believe) and can't just leave and not know how everyone makes out.

Sweety, hang in there. I had about 3 cycles that were skipped due to cysts. It's so frustrating and the waiting is awful. But some how the time goes by and you'll be starting your next cycle.

a_walton, that's exciting that you already started stimming and are progressing nicely. I really hope this is it for you. I know better than most on here how difficult recurrent miscarriages can be. You are in my thoughts!!

I hope to hear good news from everyone soon. My good news will be taking a while since the process typically takes 6 months to a year. But hopefully one day I'll be able to tell everyone my success!