Options

I had my first IUI with donor # 11325 and miscarried at 8 weeks. After doing a little internet reading I am finding this common for 11325. Has there been any chromosonal testing done to see if this donor's sperm has abnormalities. I am a little apprehensive to try again not wanting a repeat performance. Help.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sarrun -

I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, it can be a very frustrating part of pregnancy. In actuality, about 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage (often times before the woman knows she is pregnant).

It is not uncommon for any donor who has been available for a few years to have one or more losses. I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but we only have 1 reported loss for Donor 11325 and more than 5 pregnancies. If there are women out there discussing additional losses with this donor, please encourage them to report them to us.

If you would like to speak to one of our Genetic Counselors about your concerns, they can be reached at 877-743-6384. They are happy to discuss this or any donor with you.

Best wishes,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi Scott, Thanks a ton. I actually read about the losses here on the discussion board. So I guess I assumed they were reported. I tried to report my loss but couldn't find some account info needed for the form so I figured I would call this week. Thanks for your quick response and kind words. Positive thoughts! SarRun