Options

Anyone out there used donor 11075?

Has anyone used donor 11075 and have you had success? We would love to know.

Comments

• Options
    Appleblossum,

We have used 11075 for my last 6 IUIs. We found out on Monday that I'm pregnant. Yeah! We were planning on changing donors if this 6th attempt didn't take. My doctor says that sometimes people just don't "match up" and recommended the change after the 6th cycle.

Unfortunately, today my 2nd HCG lab test shows decreasing levels - so I may be miscarrying... Very hard to get SOOO excited, only to be deflated 3 days later...

If this in fact doesn't work out, we will change donors with the next cycle.

Are you having any success with this donor??
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723, I know that some time has passed. I have only just noticed that you responded to me back in Sept and I am afraid to ask about how you're going!We are a white Aussie couple really interested in this donor. He sounds like a real charmer and we feel like we already know him well. We have had a couple of attempts at home but I was very sick with the flu both times. We are going to the doctor in December to see if he can help us with an IUI. We are very determined! I am 40 with a FSH of 7 if that means anything. I already have 5 children. How are you going? Have you changed donors?
  • Options
    Hi Kimi23 again, do you remember 11075 count and motility during your iui attempts? I forgot to ask before. I hope you're still reading the bulletins.
  • Options
    Hi Appleblossum,
    I don't recall the motility or sperm count numbers but all 6 samples were very good specimens as far as counts go. I have not had another insemination since my miscarraige in September, but I started my clomid this weekend & am having a follow up sonogram this Saturday to see how I responded. Hopefully we'll be doing our 7th insemination (or 1st depending on how you look at it...) with our new donor. We did decide to switch donors since I'm 37. I don't want to wait another 6 attempts to get pregnant again. This will be our 1st child if it works out. Good luck to you both! I hope 11075 works out for you!
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723, thrilled to get a response from you! Thanks. Sorry about 11075. Which one have you chosen if you don't mind me asking? We have found another mixed African-American donor number 11255 which may be our second choice. He is an open donor which Australian law demands but we love 11075 and will be devastated if we get pushed into a corner and have no choice but to change. I am sure you know all about frustration!
  • Options
    We went with 11127. He actually may be a better fit for us as my partner is an artist & I would love for our child to also have some artistic ability (I am hopeless in this area!). This donor is listed as anonymous. My preference would be an open donor, but I'm also looking for a CMV negative donor. Add in the African American race & the gene pool gets limited. (I am hispanic, my parter is AA.)

We also considered 11255, but don't remember why we didn't use him. I know we really look into these donors & stress about it, but I know once our child finally arrives, I won't even think twice about any other donor that we considered or tried previously.

Hopefully your IUI in December goes well. I'm keeping my finges crossed that we'll do our next insemination next week. I have found impatience is one of my less flattering traits!
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723, yes we are familiar with this donor (11127). He was the first one I looked at. Our first appointment has been moved forward to next week but I don't know how long before the doc does his thing! You will have a beautiful baby whichever donor you use. Good luck with your new donor. I read on the bulletin someone like you had used a donor 6 times with no luck and this other lady had just had a baby from that same donor. This goes to show that there are miss matches and there's nothing wrong with you or any of us if it doesn't work the first few times. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Hi Appleblossum~

Congratulations on getting in to see your doctor sooner than expected! Hopefully you will be able to start your IUI process sooner than you originally thought.

I had my IUI yesterday (Nov 17th) - 1st IUI with the new donor. I had 2 large follicles present for the insemination. I had a repeat sono today which showed the follicles collapsing as they should. I go in Dec 1st for my Hcg lab test... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

I never attempted any home inseminations, but I do know that having the medical technology there to reinforce what you assume is happening within your body is a big stress relief. For me anyway - I guess for some it can add more stress but to me knowledge is power!

Just an FYI - the new donor numbers were great too (count >53 million [they want it >20 million] and motility 57 [they want it >50])

You probably get people wondering why you are trying so hard to have another baby since you already have 5, but I can't imagine this process ever being easy on anyone regardless of how many kids they already have at home! So my thoughts are with you...

Best of luck to you! I hope everything works out for you with the IUI process.
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723,

You might know you're pregnant before you even get a positive test. One of the tell tale signs is nausea/seedy feeling - like you have a hangover! If your follicles were collapsing, does that indicate that you ovulated when you should have? I don't know a lot about IUI. Did you have a trigger shot and how long after this did your doc inseminate?

We are hoping that we are allowed to use our chosen donor (our second choice) as required by law. Yes, it may seem as if we are being greedy but our children are growing fast. They don't stay babies forever. Each one is so special - They make you laugh and they make you cry. I guess as you get older, you don't want it all to stop. Our next one will be entirely different looking from the others. Anyway, enough raving! I will be thinking of you and hoping that the spermy has met its match.
  • Options
    I've been using 100mg Clomid & Ovidrel (the trigger shot) since my 4th ICU. My 1st 3 IUI cycle were completely medication free - but all unsuccessful.

On day 3 of my cycle, I go in for a vaginal sono to ensure my ovaries are clear & free from residual follicles (cysts) from the previous cycle. Once they confirm that all is clear, I begin my Clomid. I take the Clomid on days 3-7, but you can also start it on day 4 or 5 for a total of 5 days.

On day 10 of my cycle, I go back for a repeat sono to see how well I responded to the clomid. They count & measure the follicles and based on their size will either keep having me come back every 1-2 days to watch them grow or if they are large enough (>18mm) will go ahead & tell me when to take the Ovidrel. I take the Ovidrel at 10pm on the scheduled day & then return to their office 36 hrs later for the insemination.

They repeat the sono before or after the insemination to check the follicles one last time. Hopefully at this time they will see that the follicles are beginning to collapse (releasing the egg). With each of my inseminations, my follicles have always been round & plump with no evidence of collapse... I'd come back 7 days later to get a progesterone level drawn to see if I did in fact ovulate. This time, the doctor decided to repeat the sono the day after my IUI. Luckily 1 follicle was already collapsed, the other was starting the process. Which means that we got the timing perfect!

Before I began the clomid & ovidrel, I'd use store bought ovulation detection kits & begin checking for my LH surge each morning begining on day 8-10. Once it was positive, I'd call the doctor & go in that day for the ICU. This was definitely as easier process, but after 3 unsuccessful tries at this, we moved up to the clomid & ovidrel.

Hopefully this 7th insemination will be the LUCKY one for us! I will find out December 1st. When I got pregnant in August, I had no symptoms other than sore breasts but I also feel that way prior to starting my cycle... We'll see what happens!

People keep asking me "How many times are you going to try this before you stop?", but really - how is someone really supposed to just give up on their dream of having a child? I just say, "I don't know. I guess when I get there, I'll know it, but for now I'm pressing on!"
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723,
    We went to the doc who said he would give me drugs to start with. We are just waiting to see if we can use the donor now. Have had blood tests and go back in Dec. Try to relax about your latest insem. They say we women get pregnant when we least expect it - on holidays, when work is busiest etc or with some kind of diversional activity. Don't give up. Can you afford IVF?
  • Options
    Appleblossom -

Yes, they do say we get pregnant when we take our minds off the process, but they fail to tell us how to STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!! :O)

I don't really know about the whole IVF expense. I think I have a rough idea about the cost, but I haven't really talked to my doctor in detail about it. I think that I would try to do at least 1-2 IVF cycles before I gave up completely, but since I have no known fertility issues, my doctor is willing to keep doing IUIs until I am ready to move on.

Adoption could always be an option, but I can't imagine that adoption is any cheaper than IVF - at least for a newborn!

I'm glad your doctor is willing to take a more aggresive approach. It sounds like all doctors are not as willing to do that immediately. Will you be doing the clomid or something else?
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723, same as clomid but a different name and a trigger shot. However, we are still waiting to see if we can use him....waiting..waiting... Got any good news yet?
  • Options
    Appleblossom,

No news yet... Testing on Monday (12/01). Hopefully the distraction of Thanksgiving tomorrow will help the rest of this week pass quickly!

When you say you are "waiting to see if we can use the new donor", what/who determines that? I know you have different rules in Australia than we do, but who gives the final decision?

(FYI: Thanksgiving - annual American holiday to celebrate things we are thankful for. TONS of food with family & friends. Not sure if you celebrate something similar in Australia).

~k~
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723,

We are waiting to see if the scientific director OK's our donor. He is on holidays apparently. Very frustrating!I am very aware of Thanksgivng. Seems like a lovely way to spend with your family and friends. We don't have anything like that. Except for Christmas which is usually stinking hot. A lot of people all get together and guts themselves stupid for a coupe of days and the men get stuck into the piss (beer!). I am lucky, my huband doesn't drink the stuff.I think that Xmas would be better in a colder climate. We get to watch you guys on TV shows with Xmas in winter. You have fun whatever you're up to over the next few days! Thinking of you as you wait.
  • Options
    Appleblossom,

Just wanted to let you know we were not successful this cycle... I was really bummed since I think I convinced myself that I worked.

We are going to skip December. I have a close cousin that had recently become very sick. I just want to take some time to spend with my family.

Good luck this month!! Have you heard if you were approved to use your donor?
  • Options
    Hi Kimi723,
    Just logging in for the last time. We can't use the California cryobank anymore as it doesn't meet the criteria needed by the fertility group we're using. The stupid thing is, we can use it at home ourselves but we need the drugs. We now have to go to Zytex. I wish you all the luck in the future. I hope everything works out. My doc is going to give me a trigger shot and get me back in 48hours to do the insemination. He has very good success rates. Maybe your doc is doing the insems too early! Take care.