Options

Pen Pals

I have been on this board for a little while and I really like reading and sharing. I am just at the beginning of this journey and am really frightened about the idea of becoming a single mom and about the idea of not being successful in having a baby (I don't know which idea is scarier)--and I am without any family for support. If anyone is interested in being an email pen pal, I would love to have some people to "talk" to. If you give your email, I will happily write!

Comments

• Options
    you can feel free to write me any time, you have my email, i'm the one from new york :) ...hang in there and don't let fear stop you from what you are looking to achieve ! :)
  • Options
    Hey emg40. My situation is a dead-ringer for yours. I'm 40, TTC #1 with limited family support (in fact they do not know I'm TTC, yet). I have my first RE apt in June and hope to begin medicated IUI (or IVF) that cycle (RE permitting). All the possibilities are frightening, but worse is not trying and therefore never being a mother.

It'd be fun to be pen pals. What's your email address?
  • Options
    TTC, you sound similar to me. I'm 42, just completed unsuccessful cycle w/ IUI. I just told my mother moments ago (because I will need her for a ride after IVF ER). It is scary. But never becoming a mother is scarier.
  • Options
    Metsfan, I got your email!
    TTCin2013 and kncole, if you would like an email buddy, my email is elysemonica30 at aol.com.
  • Options
    I am interested, can totally relate to you all!! I will watch this topic for more information. I saw somewhere they advised not to post your email....sounds like some of you are already connecting outside this board?
  • Options
    Ebbie,
    I am not connected to anyone outside of this board (one person emailed me), and I don't do Facebook. That is why I created this post. They said not to post your email address, so that it cannot be "googled"--which is why I wrote mine the way I did. If don't want to post your email, you can always email me. I am hoping to get some pen pals outside of this board.
  • Options
    I'm so glad to see several us with similar circumstances. Just knowing you all are bravely moving forward in the quest for motherhood gives me confidence in my own ability!

kncole: How did your mother take the news? I forgot about needing a ride home after ER. I am hoping to keep my secret until if/when I'm actually pregnant, so I'll be hailing a cab until that time.

emg40: I sent you an email.

For anyone else interested, my email TTCin2013 at aol dot com.

Where is everyone in their TTC journey?
  • Options
    TTCin2013 -- my mother was surprised. then she was wondering if i was aware of how difficult it would be (she was a single mom - but was only 16). then she was like "where did u get the sperm"? finally she said she was fully supportive. But i know I freaked her out. :)
  • Options
    kncole: "where did you get the sperm?" priceless. I can just see her mind running through the possibilities. If my parents ask me the same question, I'm going to look at them very puzzled & say, "well immaculate conception of course". My second choice in response will be "I got the sperm OTC at walgreens". On a serious note, I plan on logging into my CCB account and allowing them to view my donor's information so they'll be comforted knowing the sperm came from a quality individual screened by a reputable organization. How far are you into your IVF cycle? I'm so excited for you!
  • Options
    kncole, I am glad that you were able to talk to your mother and it went ok. I know having her support will help you a lot.

TTCin2013, your comments made me laugh! It was great getting email from you.

I'm still hoping for some more email buddies--especially as June, and my first foray into the IUI journey is rapidly approaching!
  • Options
    My mom did ask why I couldn't get the sperm from someone I knew. Like I didn't already consider that! Lol!

I'm day 11 in my cycle. I have an appt for bloodwork and u/s tomorrow. My last appt was yesterday. My RE was concerned that there were not more follicles. And 2 that she thought were follies may really be cysts. So she said that we may retrieve the eggs, then freeze the embryos. Do another cycle. Then transfer the best after that. She quoted a statistic that reminded me that I'm older! :( I was a little poopy for most of the day yesterday.
  • Options
    knole, I had thought about asking a friend for sperm and decided no way in HELL. If I was going to be a single parent I did not want a friend stepping in and trying to be a parent to my child. To much legal garbage to go by. Good luck and keep us up to date.
  • Options
    kncole: so sorry to hear you're feeling bad about this cycle. I'm really pulling for you! If your RE opts for a 2nd ER is she going try a new protocol?
  • Options
    So here's the plan. ER tomorrow. Fertilize. Freeze embryos. Next cycle, ER. Fertilize. Transfer the best embryos of the 2 cycles.

(I guess the medication protocol may change if my RE isn't pleased with the number of follies. But for this cycle, she didn't alter any of the meds. )

Wish me luck!
  • Options
    wannabeamommy@rocketmail.com

I would love to share my journey with anyone. I should be having my first IUI in June if all goes well!
    AME