Options

BFP with low HCG

Hi all. So last week I was thrilled when, after my 2nd unmedicated IUI I POAS and tested positive for my first every pregnancy! My excitement was tempered, however, when I went in for the blood test at 14dpiui and learned that my HCG was only at 17. The nurse warned me that that was very low and could "go either way". Today, at 18dpiui, I went in for beta #2 and the numbers rose, but only modestly, to 43. And the nurse freaked me out even more by telling me to watching for signs of ectopic. Is there any hope???

Comments

• Options
    I dont know if there is any hope but I will definately be praying for you!!! My partner miscarried in May/June and it was very hard on both of us, I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.
  • Options
    Thanks rack1415. We don't know what to think right now, but fear that this might not turn out well :( Have you and your partner started TTC again, or are you giving it a rest for a while?

Thanks for your prayers ...
  • Options
    Yes, we did, I just posted a new subject. We got a BFP yesterday, now just praying that it sticks this time. Its all in gods hands. I know we are doing everything we can to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    So curious to know how you both turned out - we found out today that our HCG is 18 (this was an IVF cycle - after 8 months of IUI w/ and w/out Clomid) and we're told we have to come back in on Monday to see if it rose at all... super discouraged and upset. :( Do we have any hope?
  • Options
    I haven't logged in for a while, but I did end up losing the pregnancy. HCG never went above 63, and miscarried at around week 5. So I'm on to my next cycle now and will try again in the next day or two!
  • Options
    ps007- I am sorry to hear that, I know how hard it is. It will happen, just think positive. A friend of mine told me, as hard as it is to accept a miscarriage, God will give you the baby you are meant to have. One positive thing I told my partner after she miscarried is that, atleast we know she could get pregnant.

JessicaLexy-How did everything work out for ya'll?

As for us, we (my partner) go to the doctor tomorrow for the 10 week visit. Everything looked good at the initial 6 eek visit, we had an ultrasound and heard a heartbeat. She has been extremely sick with the pregnancy with neausea.

We wish you both and everyone who reads this lots of baby dust and healthy pregnancies!!!

Just FYI, she took 81 mg of baby aspirin from the first day of ovulation to help it stick. I have heard that has helped with many other pregnancies so you might want to ask your doctor about it.

Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    rack1415 -- Congratulations on what sounds to be a good, sticky pregnancy! Please keep us posted as to your progress!

JessicaLexy -- Yes, update please!

And I'm going in for an IUI in about 3 hours, so wish me luck (hopefully, third time's a charm :)
  • Options
    So I went in for IUI #3 at about 1:30 on Thursday and the RE said my lining looked perfect, CM was good and there was a really big follie he thought would probably release that night. Also, our vial had a 17mm count (thanks CCB :) !!

Of course I'm nervous about the timing (what if I didn't ovulate until Friday morning?) but all we can do is cross our fingers and hope we got it right!
  • Options
    Positive HPT this morning :) (12 dpiui) ... Fingers crossed that this one sticks!
  • Options
    ps007....congratulations...sticky dust prayers heading your way.
  • Options
    Thanks MistyandCarla, going in for blood test in the next day or so (we are now 14 dpiui and got a bfp on a digital hpt this morning) .... Fingers crossed for a high beta!
  • Options
    Darn it!!!! HCG is low again this time -- 34 at 14dpiui. *sigh*
  • Options
    And two days later it is just 51. So that's:

14dpiui = 34
    16dpiui = 51

Last cycle my numbers were:

14dpiui = 17
    18dpiui = 42
    20dpiui = 63
    Miscarriage at 5w3d

They haven't been testing my progesterone but maybe it's time to start doing that after two of these in a row ... I'm also contemplating switching donors. Is it possible that we just don't work together?
  • Options
    Well, got my 3rd beta and at 18dpiui it jumped from 51 to 247!!! Can't explain it but I sure hope the trend continues :) RE said to wait until Dec. 3rd for the next (that's almost 2 weeks) so hopefully things will be uneventful until then!!