Options

Mom Names

I know that in the grand scheme of things this might seem a little trivial, but I'm scratching my head at the thought of what to teach my future kiddo to call my wife and I and how to distinguish between two moms.

So I'm curious--if any of you already have a kid (or two or three) of your own, what do your children call you and your spouse?

Comments

• Options
    LOL!! I've been thinking the same. I went with these: Momma for me, and Mom, mommy, or Momma K for my wife. LOL!! what do you think???
  • Options
    We, too, have considered the Momma + initial nomenclature. And the different variations of mom/momma/mommy, etc., as well! But nothing has really jumped out as "it." Guess we'll just wait and see what develops!
  • Options
    A friend of mine they used mom in other languages to differenciate between one and the other...
  • Options
    we're going with the other language option, as well. i'll be 'mama'. my wife's family is vietnamese, so she'll be 'me', which sounds roughly like /may-uh/ in vietnamese.

our friends have a 2-year-old who uses 'mama' and 'mommy'. it works perfectly.
  • Options
    We decided that we would be Mama (me) and Mommy (my partner Dee) Our child at around a 18 months started calling my partner Deemom and later switched it to Momdee, which she still uses 10 years later!
  • Options
    I'm Mom and my wife is Mama.

I think in the end they call you what they want anyway though.
  • Options
    I like the mama + initial but my partner and I both start with K. We may just try the mom and mama thing, but I agree with jgreer, they are gonna call you what they want anyway no matter what we try to plan :)
  • Options
    Our 4 year old calls me the birth parent, Momma and him other mom, Mommy. works great and he sometimes has to correct us when we mix it up!
  • Options
    Our 2 year old calls us Momma and Mommy. WE were scratchingour heads at first too, but it ended up that she made the choice herself. She started distinguishing between us and now if someone asks her she will point to me for Momma and my partner for Mommy.

Like some of the others wrote... in the end no matter what you think you are going ot get them to call you they decide.

Good luck!