very high hcg level.. twins?

So went to the doctor today to get my hcg levels tested and the doc says I shouldn't even be at 6000 til possibly next week. When they called me back today they told me I was double what I should be and showing an hcg level of 11000.. This is very high! Does anyone know if this could be the presence of twins? I get to go in for an ultrasound later in the week but just very anxious:)

Comments

• What day did they do the blood test? My blood levels were 437 at 14dpo and 16dpo they were 1631. They to thought I was pregnant with twins even triplets, but I went for my ultrasound at 6 weeks and there was one healthy baby measuring right on target. She is now 13 1/2 months old. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  • M levels were at 11000 at 22 dpo. I went in and had my ultrasound and found that there was just one little bambino that they could see, and at 5 weeks and four days she has a heartbeat of a 114 already..they tell me that's good for being so early on.
    What they did find were two separate sacks though so they are having me come back in next week so they can take a look at the second one again. Not sure what they expect to find.