Options

Follicles stop growing...

How dissappointing...we went in for our second US today and it appears our follicles have stopped growing. We did 50mg clomid for 5 days then estradiol since. We had US 1 on wed and had 5 follicles - 2 that were 15mm, one 13 and 2 10mm. Today they were all basically the same size. They scheduled us for another US on monday to see if they grew more and if not they were going to cancel this cycle. What's the deal with that? Why do they stop growing? Is there not anything that can be done to make them grow??????????? Ugh...

Comments

• Options
    I'm so sorry to read this, I know you guys were excited and ready to go this cycle. :( Maybe they'll bump up your clomid dosage for next cycle if you have to wait? If you have to wait, I think we'll be close in time again for our next try...
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Did they offer to add to the clomid some Follistim inj? wishing you the best!
  • Options
    MGALBN I thought you guys were prego??????? What happened?

We go back in for another US tomorrow morning and if they still haven't grown any then I think they are calling off this cycle and the dr said they were going to put Tommie on 100mg of Clomid.

DrA, they didn't say anything about injections so I have no clue - i'm sure more will be discussed tomorrow....

We are doing the clear blue ovulation kits ya know, and those haven't shown she's ovulated yet so we are still hopefull that her body just is being a little slow and maybe they are just growing slow or something....who knows!

Will update tomorrow though! Thanks for the well wishes though!

Natalie and Tommie
  • Options
    Well they officially stopped our cycle and start us on 100mg of clomid as of tomorrow. We have our US scheduled for the following wed. so hopefully we will get to do our first IUI around then....
  • Options
    I m/c on the 1st day of my 6th week... back to waiting impatiently for the next day 1. :( They've assured me that this is a very positive sign getting pregnant on the first try. RE said if I don't start again in about 2 weeks that they'll give me something to jumpstart my period. I'm hoping to start on my own and avoid that.

I've read the Clomid 3-7 day plan is supposed to give you more follicles and the 5-9 day is supposed to produce fewer, more mature follies... Not sure which you are doing but maybe that would make a difference? Just a thought about something I read... Good luck @ your US, hope you get better news!
  • Options
    We were doing the day 3-7. Increased the clomid to 100 mg and again the follicles refused to mature!!!! Our RE said that my body is not responding to clomid. Ughhhhh!!! Put me on 10 days of hormones to force AF. Took the 10th one today so AF within a week and then we start a new cycle. Sadly, this one we are switching to the way more expensive injectables. We are so anxious just to do an iui!!! Blah!! Never thought I would be wishing for my period like I am now!!! How are you guys doing? Start a new cylce?
  • Options
    The price tag on the injectables doesn't sound pretty, but if Clomid isn't working, you gotta move on, right? I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you guys have been thru a lot so far and you deserve a break!!!

I haven't had my day 1 yet, I'm getting tired of waiting! I only have so much patence!!! I still don't want to take anything but its been 3 weeks and 2 days now from the last heavy day from m/c. I've been having period symptoms like crazy the past few days, no cramps, but everything else. I'm hoping I start this week. If I don't start by Friday, I'll break down and call the RE...
  • Options
    Hey, did you ever get day 1?? How is everything going? I finally got AF and then had the baseline ultrasound last Friday. Several small follicles are present on my ovary. Another dr in the practice was in clinic that day. He changed up everything my RE was going to do. He simply increased my clomid again. So now I am on day 3 of 150 mg daily for 5 days. Then start the estradial to try to keep the lining from thinning. This dr said he will increase me up to 250 mg of clomid. THEN he will move me on to the injectables. We are so frustrated because we feel like we are wasting our time AND money. We are self pay and he just keeps bringing us in and doing ultrasound after ultrasound!! We are spending so much money and can't even get close to an IUI!!! Blah! We sure hope things are going better for yall.
  • Options
    That's CRAZY! I've never heard of a 250mg dosage of Clomid, I thought 150mg was the highest prescribed! I think I would insist on switching meds if you're not responding to the 150mg...

I'm on cd10 finished my Clomid and have an U/S scheduled for Wednesday. I'm hoping for 2 or 3 really good sized follies! I didn't have as many side effects from the Clomid this time. That kinda concerns me, I hope I'm good to go this week! So stressful....
  • Options
    Well, I went in today for my ultrasound and there was one mature follicle. The mature one was 30 mm while all others were 13 mm or less. Bloodwork shows Lh surge is coming but still going to do an Ovidrel shot tonight at 8 pm. Then we go Thursday for our first IUI! We are so excited that we now know we can get this far! Looks like you guys are right behind us....like by just 1 day really!! Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes! This is gonna be a long 16 days for sure!! :)
  • Options
    Went to the RE today for an U/S. I had 2 mature follicles, one 15mm and one 20mm. He also said I had lots of little 11mms in there! Took my trigger shot (MAN I hate doing that)about 9pm tonight and my IUI is scheduled for Friday morning @ 9:30am. It's the EXACT same schedule I had last time and ended up prego so I'm hoping things fall into place again this time! Fingers, arms, toes and legs crossed!!! :)

You just HAVE to have success this cycle with a follie that big, right? :)

I'm soooo excited for Friday!!! The trigger shot wiped me out last time. I was soooo tired after 2 or 3 days. Wonder if the same will happen this time?
  • Options
    Tommie wasn't tired after her trigger at all, she didn't have side effects for any of the drugs except from the metformin she takes for the polycystic ovary syndrome. We hope that the 30mm produces a BFP....we are keeping everything crossed as well!!!!!!

What were your counts last time?

Ours were 8.5 million and 60% motility. I though CCB guarenteed 10million>??
  • Options
    I stand corrected, it was 85 million. 39% were grade 3, 5% grade 2, 16% grade 1 and 40% grade 0. So that's how they come up with a total motility of 60%
  • Options
    My numbers this time were very close to the last... 50million, 35% motility, grade 3.

Wow, 85 million? You got a great sample and with a 30mm follie I think you're baby is gonna be about 15 lbs!!!! :)
  • Options
    we sure hope we get a baby out of this!!!!!! baby dust to you!!!!!