Options

Canceled IUI, any advice similar experiences?

Hi everyone, My IUI was scheduled for
thursday morning the 18th... But I just couldn't go through with it, I just felt so afraid and not ready and I SO thought I was. I just feel like I need to take some time for me for a while. It's been all about gettting pregnant, charting, LH testing for so long ( over a year). I just wasn't ready for this quite yet , even though I sill absolutley want to be a mom. Has this happened to anyone else- that you felt the need to cancel at the last minute? For the time being I'm putting this plan on hold but certaintly not off the table. I'm leaving when and how I become a mom up to God now, instead of trying to plan out every last detail. Any similar stories would be truly aprreciated. Nicole

Comments

• Options
    I never had to cancel an IUI, but I debated on doing IUI's for a couple years. At that point I wasn't ready, for many reasons. But, once I made the decision to begin the process, I was completely ready then and nothing could have changed my mind.

No one can decide on what's right for you...it's a decision that you will have to listen to your heart and decide. Whatever decision you make in the future, may God bless you and fill your hearts desires.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I don't really have a similar experience with cancelling but know what its like to not be ready. I thought I was ready a little more than a year ago, but (thank God) my partner and I realized we just weren't quite ready. We wanted some time, just the two of us for a while. Just about 6 months ago we began all the planning (OPK's, charting CM, doctor's appts...you know the drill, I'm sure) I knew when it was time. It was a feeling, deep down. I just knew.

I believe you will know when the time is right for you. :)
  • Options
    I absolutely agree with all the comments you've received so far.
    Best to you and yours when you are ready.
  • Options
    Thank-you ladies for all of the responses so far. The truth is I absolutely still want to be a mom, I'm just afraid. And I put WAY TOO MUCH planning into this. I over-planned thinking/believing that it HAD to be june. It was all about the charting and testing and I stopped doing things for me, things I enjoy. How do you find the balance between motherhood and yourself? Every mom, or future mom to be needs to take care of herself too. I appreciate all of your support. Nicole
  • Options
    You can't plan the balance...it's just not possible. Once you have a baby, things will work themselves out. Millions of Moms do it everyday. You'll be fine. :)

Relax, Relax, Relax. :)
  • Options
    Thank-you Misty and Carla, that's what I'm trying to do now, just breathe and relax. :) and go with the flow knowing this IS truly what I want. We'll see, but I'm thinking July or August now. No planning, just doing and living and looking forward to being a mom, hopefully soon. Now is definiteley the time to give up trying to control everything.thank-you again for the advice. Nicole :)