Options

the 2 week wait

Now the wait has begun. My partner and I did our 1st at home insemination yesterday morning. We are anticipating a BFP in about 13 more days now . We have begun our count down and we are so anxious. We are praying that eveything goes well and that we will be blessed with a SON!!!! Can anyone share the success story of their at home insemination (who actually got pregnant on their 1st try).???????detials please

Comments

• Options
    Hey mom2b, Good luck ladies my partner and I are in the 2WW also, we are so anxious as well...This is the worst part.. We used donor 11216 this is our second IUI ,but first time using this donor we will keep you guys posted ..please do the same ..
  • Options
    thanks for responding hazeleyes sure thing. thanks for the support and good luck to u guys as well, how many more days do you guys have til testing?
  • Options
    Hey Mom2b, we have left the longest 12 days to go on April 26, I have to go to the Dr.'s Office to get blood drawn to see If our dream has finally come true. I have my finger cross and tyring to stay positive!! I wish you guys lots of luck and us toooo!!!!!!
  • Options
    Me and my partner have just started looking into using the Cryobank. We have been upset and scared we used familiar donors that we knew for the past 2 months to try and concieve and my partner started her period today so we are upset. Going this route is so expensive but on a better note I actualy have 1 biological daughter that I had through Artificial Insemination that I did myself with a known donor and a medical syringe. I got pregnant on the first try. She is getting ready to turn 9 but we are ready for another. we timed it right, we took the ovulation test kit but we still didn't concieve. I'm not rich and it hurts my heart to know that if we spend all of our savings to get the vials and then still don't concieve what then? Good Luck to those of you waiting and for those who have just tried. Can someone give us a little advice on what to do becasue our time is running out we are both almost 35 and I want my partner and the baby to be safe. Any advice would be useful. Thanks
  • Options
    hey mom2b i wish you guys much luck i go to the DR. OFFICE on the 27th of april this will be my first child an it just feel like christmas you just cant wait to open all ur gift this is our first time try wit n IUI an i pray that GOD BLESS U ALL wit the gift of your heart as well as me an my partner i will keep u all update on my result .wish us luck
  • Options
    @hazeleyes OMG!!!!!!April 26, is our day to test too we are also 12 days away so good luck to u and yours and thanks for the support.....@ shan0422 we appreciate the encouragement your story gives us hope and good luck to you as well . I wish i could give more advice but I am still so new to this but the one thing im doing is staying in prayer as hopeful dont loose site of hope.As for the financial side they way i look at it yes, it is expensive but it is worth ithang in there and stay encouraged....@shon1 thanks 4 the support and yes it does seem like Christmas I am a nervous wreck my partner has 1 child biologically already " the natural way" but this will be my first child so this 2ww has me soooooo antsy lol!!!!
  • Options
    mom2b my partner has 1 child biologically already the natural way as well an i feel just like u rite now im a nervous wreck as well n i just want it to happen the first time so i want have to feel like this again. cant wait until it's over i will be sure to let u know the result.
  • Options
    Lots of Baby Dust to You!!!!
  • Options
    so its 7dpo of our 2ww just 7 more days til testing staying positive my partner says she is starting to feel the same symptoms from her 1st pregnancy. I take it as a good sign she says she feels pregnant. I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    @ MOM2B lots of baby dust for u an everyone that will be goin to the DOCTOR NEXT week you go that monday an i go that tuesday praying that GOD GIVE BOTH OF US THE DESIRE OF OUR HEART AN THAT WE BOTH GET A BFP NEXT WEEK. PLS KEEP US POSTED AN I WILL DO THE SAME.
  • Options
    @HAZELEYES PLS KEEP US POSTED N I SEND LOTS OF BABY DUST UR WAY AN PRAY THAT WE BOTH GET THAT BFP NEXT WEEK . GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    Good luck to you ladies who will be testing next week! I will be a week behind you guys! I did my 7th IUI today so we will be testing around 5/5 I think....
  • Options
    shan0422- all I can say is to follow your heart. My partner and I have emptied our savings once already, spent time building it back up again and we're in the process of trying, AGAIN. Its been a year since we started TTC! We are not rich either so I totally know where you're coming from. The only thing I can hang on to is that I do believe this will happen one day and the ONLY way it will happen is if we keep trying. :) Hang in there.
  • Options
    when i saw that the posting said 2 weeks wait. I thought gosh these two weeks are always the toughest, but especially when it is the first insemination (i don't know for me it was). everyone always says just relax don't be nervous. But it is hard to relax when you have to go to drs appts and do injections, and ultrsounds etc. But I found something that works for me and I wanted to share it with you all in hopes it might help one of you.

Today was the 3rd IUI. I know for some that is not a lot, but when you have so many hopes it seems like a million. The feeling of not being able to get pregnant started to consume me. I knew this feeling was not helping any. And it was consuming me. I finally had an AHHA moment one day. I realized I can only do so much to make this happen and my dr as well. I started to pray and I finally have given this situation entirely up to God. I also knew that a good mom is patient. and i guess my true test is starting even before i conceive. God never makes mistakes and only he knows what is best for me. I have faith he will protect me and when the moment is right he will make his miracle.

I am not very religious, but I have a lot of faith. I had almost lost it, but I have it again. And I just to wanted let you all know that each and every one of you are very brave and strong women. Just never lose faith because this is when we need it the most.

Good luck to you all
    Jess
  • Options
    thank you soooooo much Jess I really needed that we are now 11dpo as of today 3 more days to go til testing!!!!! :)
  • Options
    Shon1 and Mom2b,I got my period yesterday Sat. it came early this month. I'm very sad i was surpose to go to the doctor tomorrow Monday for testing to see if i was BFP. So much for that... I will be going to the Dr's to try again..I wish you all good luck tomorrow..... :0(
  • Options
    @hazeleyes sorry to hear that just know that when the time is rite GOD WILL BLESS YOU WITH YOUR GIFT DONT GIVE UP AN KNOW THAT IT SHELL AN WILL HAPPEN. I GO TO THE DR'S TOMMORROW SEND A LOT OF BABY DUST 2 YOU N EVERYONE ELSE.
  • Options
    mom2b:

I think this process can just be so stressful....there can be a lot of self doubt. i am learning patience and I will def need that when the baby comes. keep having faith

jess
  • Options
    Jramos25, Thanks for the words of encouragement. I strongly agree with you this process is so overwelming, and Faith is the only way to go we have no control what God has plan for us...I know in my heart my dreams will come true. I'm going to the Dr's tomorrow to see if i'm ready for the 3 IUI hopefully this time around will be it...Lots of baby dust to all of us!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hello everyone went to the doctor this morning now im waiting for the result. so pls pray for me that it will be a BFP. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WEN I FIND OUT.
  • Options
    shon1- I have been checking the boards to see if you got your BFP! Keep us posted!!!!
  • Options
    oh and mom2b- aren't you testing today too???? FX!!!
  • Options
    ok laidies so i have been MIA for a while @hazeleyes I am so sorry to hear that but i know the feeling my partner got her mentsrual to however there is a alot of weirdness to everything so imma start from the top and u guys tell me what u think!!!! Ok so we inseminated on arpil 12, and tested april 25 test was neg then tested again on the 26 neg both test were pee sticks . her period started that night she so the next day we got a blood test on the 27th it was neg, now here is the weird part, my partner normally comes on for 6 days but this time it was only 2 days (light bleeding) not spotting though just a light flow then after it was over she still had all the symptoms, uterus cramping, tender breast, eating all the time, weight gain 122 now 127, headcahes, nausea (no vomit though),and heart burn, also she says its hard for her to bend down because she feels like she is pressing on something in her stomach not to mention she is bloated and constipated. im starting to wonder if ther is a chance she could still be prego?????
  • Options
    hey everyone sorry i havnt been on here but my result was a BFN :( but me an my partner are goin to tryin again n july this time on goin to be using med @ mom2b i had got the same result an i was feeling the same way but wen i went to the doctor to start my 2cycle they confirm that i wasnt but we are trying again n july last time i did it wit no med this time im goin to use med so i pray that it work this time around.
  • Options
    I got another BFN too. This was our 7th try and believe me it doesnt get any easier. Looks like we will be moving to injectable meds this next time. AF is due anytime and I will start meds on CD2.

Good luck to eveyone else!
  • Options
    Hey Mom2b:

I think it's totally possible that she could be prego if what's she's experiencing is not her norm. The pee on the stick tests may not be picking up the hormones that develop during pregnancy... Maybe she should run into the doc to take a blood test (more accurate and can detect the pregnancy a lot stronger than the sticks) to confirm??

Good luck!!
  • Options
    I am always looking to find people like me so I can feel normal again. My partner and I have done 4 IUI's with a doctor and 3 home inseminations and all failed. We had to put everything on hold when my wife lost her job last very due to the falling economy. Baby plans was pushed far back on our priorities but always on my mind and in my heart waiting for the day to start trying again. Today is the first day coming back to the site to check out some options and maybe get the process started again. Looking for that perfect donor. I need to make a appointment to start things rolling again because every thing expired at the CCB because of the break we were on. I wish everybody the best of luck.
  • Options
    Ok, here we go again 2ww wait... This time around we are leaving it to the man upstairs ...He will send us an angle when its time... All we can do is be patience and have faith......Baby dust to all of us and lots of prayers.
  • Options
    @ hazeleyes just want 2 send lots of prays along wit lots of baby dust 2 u . we r going to try again in july using meds this time last time i didnt use any meds but this time i am so just keep us posted againg lots of baby dust