Options

Really need some advice please

I need some advice from my fellow mommies-to-be. I had my first IUI a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately it was unsuccessful. So I am preparing for my second IUI and I am wondering if I should choose another donor. I have very limited funds and I only have enough for a couple of more tries. The donor I chose was a newer donor with no reported pregnancies. The count was 15 million with 34% mobility which I am told are average numbers. I know we are not supposed to put a lot of weight into whether or not a donor has a reported pregnancy but I can't help it. So I asking what you guys think about if I should change to another donor that does have reported pregnancies or am I just being silly and paranoid and should stick to my original donor. I want to be a Mom so badly and I have limited resources so maybe I am just driving myself crazy with over-thinking. Thank you so much for your input, I greatly appreciate it.

Patti

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think you should choose a different donor. I don't know why you RE would tell you 34% motility is good cause it's not. We are paying top dollar for CCB donors and we should get the very best. I just had back to back IUI's on May 26 and 27. First vial was 25 million with 83% motility and the second vial was 23 million with 80% motility and my RE told me thoase numbers were average for a healthy donor. I just hope it worked.... I have my blood draw on June 7 only two more days! I don't want to discourage your donor choice. I just think you may have better luck with a donor that's already reported a pregnancy. Good luck to you. I for one know how difficult this can be. My husband and I have spend over 18k ourselves. Good luck whatever you decide.
  • Options
    Hi there
    I just wanted to share that reported pregnancies have in no way an impact on whether your cycle is going to take. Think about it, once you get pregnant do you think your top priority is to call CCB and inform them that you are pregnant. No its enjoying your pregnancy and all the excitement silly!!

Also newer donors take like a year to be released so that's why they might have no reported pregnancies.

And i know that you will hate to hear this but on average it takes atleast 3-4 tries for IUI. It took us 3 tries and I am now staring at my beautiful 11 day old son. Don't give up. Talk to your RE about the count, do they do an extra washing. Have them use a different gradient this is what my RE did and that's the cycle that took and increased motility and sperm count. We did back to back IUI's.

This is an amazing journey but it is an emotional rollercoaster. So hang on, because in the end it's all worth it!