Options

Any Texans

Hello there all,

My partner and I are just trying to see how many Texans are out there who are sharing this time of family growth with us. I myself am from New Orleans, LA and she is from Houston, TX. Recently we kind of thought of moving to Austin but changed our mind because at the end of the day Texas will still be Texas and we love it here and all of our support is here as well, however, we were still kind of wanting to communicate with other mothers to be in our area.

Comments

• Options
    By the way we are working on our 2nd IUI hopefully in September
  • Options
    I'm not currently in Texas, but completely understand your thought process. My wife is from Houston and I'm from Austin. We live in Brookyn, NY now and are going through the process up here. We want to end up back in Austin at some point, but you are so right, "at the end of the day Texas will still be Texas".

However, one of my best friends from Austin was just here visiting us this past weekend. She and her wife are also TTC right now, so we spent a LOT of time talking about what things are like in terms of support and community there right now, and how schooling experiences are likely to be for our kids. It sounds like things are changing there, for the better, so I don't think you have to put the thought out of your mind completely. Austin's an amazing place - it still has a long way to go, but I think it just might get there.
  • Options
    My partner and I live in Ft Worth. We are just about 4 wks pregnant and we go for the first sono on Aug 3rd. Austin is a GREAT place to live. Good Luck!
  • Options
    I grew up in Houston and moved to El Paso about 10 years ago. I was planning on starting in the begining of August but still haven't decided on a donor.
  • Options
    I also live in El Paso, and hope to start in August.
  • Options
    I'm from a small town outside of Texas and my wife and I work in the same school. We are both out and everyone is soooo supportive. We spent 4 months TTC and now we are 13 weeks pregnant. Austin area is an amazing place. Yes, Texas is Texas, but Travis County (Austin) is the only county in Texas that you ever see blue on election day. I CANNOT imagine being anywhere else! :)
  • Options
    We're in Dallas- in fact, on the CCB friend page there is an entire gaggle of Dallas CCB moms/soon to be moms!

I don't think Texas is bad at all, particularly since we can go through the second parent adoption process. (I'm originally from Florida- so anything is better than their laws!)
  • Options
    Hi ecordov27,

Nice to know someone else in El Paso is going through this process too. It would be nice to chat. My email address is freefallen1972@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I meant to say I'm from a small town outside of Austin - which you probably picked up from the rest of the reply. Would be really nice to get to know other Austinites also on our journey.
  • Options
    We are in Seabrook. Right between Houston and Galveston :)
  • Options
    I'm from Pearland
  • Options
    OMG you guys!! we're from the beaumont area! i am so excited! where is everyone on their journey??we go in for our second ultrasound and labs on thursday. prob do trigger shot and first IUI this week!!
  • Options
    It's exciting to meet others in the area. Do you go to CORM, just wondering? I had my 2nd iui in January and it worked but turned out to be ectopic. :( so now I have to wait for two cycles b4 I can try again! I'm hoping to do my 3rd and hopefully last iui in June!!
  • Options
    hey sasha! we are using CORM in beaumont. we will prob be doing our first iui this weekend!! good luck to you!!
  • Options
    That's awesome good luck!! I use corm in Webster! Dr Schnell is awesome!!
  • Options
    I have heard a lot of good things about her. We have had a few friends that have used her and with success! We went this morning for labs and U/S. Our "Easter eggs" still need to grow a little more so we're waiting to hear back from her on our next steps. Did you take the Letrazole?
  • Options
    Yes, my first cycle was with dr sims and I was on letrozole, and ovidrel my second cycle I was on letrozole and bravelle my trigger was novarel.
  • Options
    what is bravelle for? i will have ovidrel as my trigger. is novarel a stronger trigger than ovidrel? we go back tomorrow morning to check the measurements of the follicles and if all looks good, we will probably trigger tomorrow!
  • Options
    Bravelle is an injectable med to help follicles grow. Yes novarel is stronger than ovidrel. Good luck
  • Options
    Oh i see Sasha. We had some friends who I think also did the Bravelle. We triggered today and go in tomorrow to test progesterone levels. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Hi me and my wife lives in Houston and will be trying our first iui in a few weeks
  • Options
    hey candy! best of luck to you! are you using dr. schnell in webster? what donor are you using?
  • Options
    Hello All

My wifey and I reside in Big Spring, small town in west Texas. We plan on consulting with Dr Phy in Lubbock and having our first ivf try in July. We still havent picked out a donor yet. I'm not orginally from Texas but love it and feel as if I fit right in!!
  • Options
    As you can tell from my name, I am from Austin. Well, really a suburb of Austin. I love it. I am the mom of a beautiful baby girl conceived using donor 12695. I would love to meet other moms in my area.