Options

Should I pick a donor with no reported pregnancies?

The donor I am interested in has no reported pregnancies listed. However, maybe he is a new donor and hasn't been around long as it says to check back for more details. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm sure CCB tests the sperm before they make the vials for the donors but I fear picking a donor with no reported pregnancies. Anyone in the same boat?

Comments

• Options
    I am a year from inseminating and have at least one freakout per week. This was last week's MAJOR freakout.

My preferred donor has no pregancies and another woman even switched to another donor. I was scared that I would too have to switch/ not be able to concieve using his sperm. The more I read the more I became terrified.

I called CCB and spoke with Shawnbay. He assured me that others' success or lack has nothing to do with another women and all donors have equal chances of contributing to a pregnancy.

Your donor also sounds pretty new. I'd suggest giving CCB a call for more info on him.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply Chatty! That's reassuring. Seriously, during this process I have so many concerns...am I picking a good donor? Is the timing of the IUI correct? Ugh its caused many sleepless nights as I'm sure alot of people going thru this can also atest to. I'm def. going to take your advice and call CCB to find out if I can have any more info, like how long he's been in the program. Thanks again!
  • Options
    You're VERY welcome.

I question everything at this point. I am satisfied with my choice in donor. I guess that is why I freak out so much. I've chosen my child(ren)'s father and may have to settle for someone else...

I'm a year from my first cycle and feel your pain. I have/ had the same questions as you. Shawnbay made me feel a million percent better.

Sending baby duct ur way (Good luck!)