Options

Bad luck

So I got a smiley face today on my ovulation prediction kit, which would be great if it were any day but Saturday! The earliest I can go in for an IUI is Monday. I believe that this will be outside of my "most fertile" window. I think we will now wait until next month to have an IUI. Looking ahead, it looks as though my day 15 will again fall on a Sat. I can have a Sat IUI if I call and schedule the IUI by 3pm on Friday. If this happens again next month I wonder if I should just schedule the IUI for Sat morning even if I have not yet gotten the smiley face on Friday (day 14)? My thought is, if I ovulate on day 15 or 16 next month I should be all set. Does this idea make sense or should I wait to make sure that I have a smiley face first? My cycle seems to be very regular (28 days).

Comments

• Options
    Hi nella846 - I am not an expert, I can only tell you what my experience has been (tried once so far, but unfortunately it didn't work).

I was told the egg basically has 24 hour viability once you ovulate whereas the sperm has ~3-4 days. For me - they had me do a trigger shot for ovulation and they said that typically means you can ovulate anywhere between 24 and 36 hours later. They did my injection ~18 hours after the trigger shot. If it was me and I had been charting and was regular - I would go for it :). Has your doctor offered you any advise? Good luck!
  • Options
    If your cycle is exactly 28 days, your ovulation is going to keep happening on Saturday. I would discuss this situation with your doctor and see what they suggest.
  • Options
    I don't understand why the soonest you can go isn't until Monday. Is your MD not available on the weekend unless you give Friday notice? I guess I am fortunate that my MD is open daily (for IVF & IUI). Any thoughts of switching MD's?

Best to you.
  • Options
    Yes, only available Mon-Fri, unless you give Friday notice for Sat morning. It had not occured to me to switch doctors, but it may be somthing to consider. I honestly wonder if there are even places in this area that are open daily for IUIs (I live in a small state). I have been so down the past 24 hours thinking about my wasted ovulation, although it the long run I know one more month is not going to make that much of a difference.

Arkmom: You are pretty sure it will keep happening on Sat? I will talk to my doc, but if this is the case than I think that next month if it has not happened by Friday afternoon than I will just make the appointment for Saturday morning, and hope and pray that I will again be ovulating that day.

I don't know much about the trigger shot. If I am ovulating reguarly would this still be somthing to consider doing? Clearly I need to have another talk with my doctor.