Options

Pregnancies vs. births?

I'm assuming there is a difference between pregnancies reported versus actual births. Do you give actual birth numbers (or a range)? I'm specifically interested in donors 11947 and 11937.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    11947 (released 8/26/09) - 0 reported births
    11937 (released 8/31/09) - 0 reported births

It usually takes at least a year for birth reports to start coming in once a donor is released.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I would like to ask the same question for donors 11401
    I think it would be a good idea if you add this feature of info to all the donors pages in the web.
    Thank you,
  • Options
    I would like to ask the same question for donors 11401
    I think it would be a good idea if you add this feature of info to all the donors pages in the web.
    Thank you,
  • Options
    Hi Gris -

If the donor has a reported pregnancy, it is already included on his info page.

The reason we do not provide the approximate number of pregnancies is that it can be very misleading. Every CCB donor goes through the same screening process and must have outstanding sperm quality. Eventually, all donors have reported pregnancies. It often takes as long as a year from the first release, but they are all equally capable. To suggest that a higher number would increase an individual's chance of success would not be ethical.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB