Options

How Many Vials per Insemination?

I'm pondering something...my doctor has signed off on me inseminating at home. So we will be doing an ICI. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions about how many vials to use at one insemination? I know that I've read that most people do two inseminations per ovulation cycle. But I don't remember how many vials people suggest using per insemination. And since I only have 6 vials, this is something that could be really important.
Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    I think I recall hearing that you should use 1 vial per attempt. Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    I have read on-line that some people use 1 vial about 18 hours past initial Lh surge, then another vial 10 or so hours later. I've heard yet others say they use 1st vial 12 hours past initial Lh surge, 2nd vial 10 hours after that, and 3rd vial 10 hours past that. It is just so hard to know! Most women only have a 10 to 25% chance of conceiving each month, but the article I read said that a woman has about a 6% greater chance of conceiving when using 2 vials, and about a 9% greater chance of conceiving using 3 vials.

The thing you would need to consider is your age. The older you are, in general, statistics show it is takes longer to conceive. In your mid 30's and older, you really can't afford to take your time because of the greater risk of birth defects each year that goes by.

Good luck. It's a risk either way you go. I wish I knew the answer, but I think we are all feeling our way around with this!