Options

3 things....the first can you please add 03819's up close and personal and celebrity look alikes. Also on his long profile which I have purchased in the family medical history the Nervous System (brain, spinal cord etc.) has been left blank. This is very important to me and looks like he may just have forgot to check a box. The last thing, it says all donors are tested for Cystic Fibrosis does this mean all have to test negative to be accepted as a donor? Thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    Another thing....I just purchased the $24.00 baby photo of this donor...which is adorable but I only get one picture???? $24.00 for a single picture are there other ones that he has submitted or maybe would be willing to submit?
  • Options
    Hi mommy23 -

1. We will have his look-a-likes, etc. by early next week.

2. Thank you for spotting this. It appears to just be a missed box. We will contact the donor to verify. However, there are no family medical history issues reported involving the nervous system. There is no reason to assume there is anything to worry about.

3. From one of our Genetics Counselors: We perform carrier screening for cystic fibrosis (CF) on our donor applicants. If an applicant tests positive for a CF mutation, he is not eligible to continue in our donor program. However, there are over 1500 possible mutations that can cause cystic fibrosis but most of them are very rare and we cannot test for all possible mutations so we test for the common mutations that can cause this condition. The American College of Medical Genetics recommends that people are tested for 23 common mutations for cystic fibrosis. If they don’t have these mutations, it means that they have a low risk to have a child with cystic fibrosis, but the risk is not completely eliminated. Currently, we test our donors, including Donor 3819, for 97 possible muattions for CF. He does not carry any of these mutations; therefore, it is unlikely that he could have a child with CF, but the risk is never completely eliminated.

4. That is the only photo we have of him. Hopefully, the look-a-likes will give you a good sense of what he looks like as an adult.

Keep checking back for his look-a-likes, etc.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    thank you very much! i appreciate that you were able to reply so soon!
  • Options
    Glad to be of service. ;-)

Scott
  • Options
    Mommy23 did you end up selecting this donor? I selected this donor for an IUI procedure. I did not buy his baby photo but glad to hear that it was a cute photo.