Options

BBT

Do any of you track your BBT? I use fertilityfriend.com and thought if you hadn't heard of this website that you may want to give it a try.

Sometimes you have to be referred by someone who's already a member there...if that's still the case, just give me your email and I'll add you to their list so that you can gain access. (I check this site daily)

I'll post my chart for you to see...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Richmond-Salisbury

Baby Dust to all!
Misty and Carla

Comments

• Options
    No one charts their temperature?
  • Options
    I'm new to this, my parter and I are planning to try in Aug or Sept. We are trying to get the funds and everything planned first. Is there anyone else that is new to this that can share what they have already or are going through now with this.

Thanks

Sandy
  • Options
    MistyandCarla -
    First of all, congrats!! Here's wishing all the best for your growing family!

As far as temping goes, we don't do it. We started awhile back but found that the temps were all over the place with no clear pattern. Our RE agreed w/ us that it was probably just user error, but that there are more reliable ways to chart fertility. That said, I've seen some charts that are textbook perfect, so I know it works well for some people, just not us.

santif - I suggest just reading everything online that you can get your hands on. This site is great (and I went back through aaallll those old posts reading every question and discussion), babycenter, blogs, etc etc. I learned far more by reading everyone's stories online and in books than I ever have by talking to our Dr. It's funny that everytime someone new comes along and just says, "help, how do i get started" - I realize that was me just a couple of months ago! Now I feel like I have a doctorate in fertility just by what I've learned in the last several weeks! :) You will feel the same way soon!

Feel free to ask questions anytime. The ladies here are wonderful and very knowledgeable!
  • Options
    I chart my BBT just so I can coordinate LH surge and progesterone surge. I also can figure out if my menses is coming because my BBT drops. I use a digital thermometer.

I am kind of new to the abbrv. BFP? Can you clue me in please?

Thanks Carverlily
  • Options
    BFP = Big Fat Positive
    BFN = Big Fat Negative

Both are widely used on any TTC site you will visit.

=)
    Kimberly
  • Options
    I'm trying to chart...just to see how it goes. I'm doing the old fashioned paper/pencil method. This is my first month, so I'm also looking to see how it matches up with the ovulation pee tests... not quite there yet, so I don't know. I am a researcher by profession, so find this all rather fascinating, if also a bit annoying/anxiety provoking (I keep worrying I'll never ovulate!!!).

My OBGYN/fertility doc said that I didn't need to chart my BBT, because the pee tests work so well, but I have a long and occasionally persnickety cycle, so I thought it my help me and my cycle become more friendly.

Does anyone have any tips on better BBT taking to reduce user error?

Dreaming fertile dreams...
    Babydust