Options

4th IUI tomorrow!

Only 1 week on injectibles and I have 2 large eggs (the largest so far) and my uterine lining is the thickest I've had so far!! Doing an IUI tomorrow and again the next day....first time I've done 2 in one month. My doctor feels "the stars are aligned" this time :-)

Comments

• Options
    Yay! That's great jaimec! I really hope this is it.

I just had my 3rd IUI today and I too had two really large eggs (also the largest so far) and super good lining. My clomid was increased this time. I'm assuming that's why I'm having some major cramping today. The last two cycles I had just a little cramping but later on in my cycle. I'll take this as a heads up that I'll probably have an exaggerated response during the tww and try not to read into it too much. But I am feeling a bit more optimistic than last time.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck Jaimec. I am thinking of you. Shonarb73 I thinking of good thoughts for you to. Shonarb73, when I had my IUI, after the insemination I had some cramping for a couple of days. Good luck and keep me posted on both of you. I am thinking really good thoughts for both of you.

If you guys have no pregnancy symptoms do not be down, I had none at all, except intense headaches, but I have those all the time. So do not get discouraged.

Jaimec did you go for acupuncture?
  • Options
    shonarb - Clomid gave me cysts so that's why I had to switch to injectibles, but I'm glad it worked for you! Looks like we'll be doing the tww together...good luck!

anissa - I had a consultation with an acupuncturist, but am still trying to get a straight answer from my insurance on if they will cover it. Did you do any during your tww? I am afraid to do anything during that time!!
  • Options
    jaimec I actually went to acupuncture the day I had my insemination. It was coincidental that I had an appt that day. I am going back next week at 6 1/2 weeks, and so looking forward to it. They just help you relax etc. Does that make sense. I would do it, tell them when ever you go what is going on and if nothing else it will help you relax. Good luck I am thinking about you.
  • Options
    Good luck to the both of you!
  • Options
    thank you!! The sperm count in yesterday's vial was a little lower than my doctor likes, so it's a good thing we are doing another one today.
  • Options
    Good luck to you both!
  • Options
    thank you nettibug! I am hoping the 2ww flies by
  • Options
    Thanks for the luck, everyone!! This tww already seems extra long. 9 more days...ugh.
  • Options
    11 days for me...it's only been 3???
    The time between my last BFN and the next IUI absolutely FLEW BY so I am hoping I can stay busy enough for that to happen now too. I think because between IUI's there is ultrasounds, blood tests, etc. so maybe I feel like it goes by faster than just day after day of sitting around.
  • Options
    Good luck shonarb and jaimec! Hoping for the best for both of you! I'll be thinking about you two.
  • Options
    Jaimec I have been thinking about you. Did you go for Acupuncture? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Glad you did it two days in a row btw.

Shonarb I am thinking about you to. Keeping my fingers crossed. I know how long those 2 ww are. Trust me.

I am going for my first ultrasound tomorrow, so I am a bit nervous. Hoping for good things tomorrow and hoping to see a Heartbeat.

keep me up to date.
  • Options
    My insurance won't cover acupuncture and I need to save every spare penny for IVF or, hopefully, a baby!!! I asked my doctor about acupuncture and his opinion based on studies he's read is that it's more to do with relaxation and feeling in control in a process that is so out of our hands...so I've been doing some other (free) things to relax.
    Good luck and let us know how tomorrow goes!!
  • Options
    How exciting, AnissaS! Good luck!
  • Options
    eeh876 - Thanks. It was exciting. I took a very good friend with me and she cried.

I am more relaxed now that everything is okay. Will feel better in a few more weeks when I am a few more weeks along.

Thinking of Jamiec and shonarb73. Keep us up to date. I know the 2ww is horrible, trust me I know.

I will be htinking of you girls and stalking the boards to know what is going on.
  • Options
    Anissa - did you see/hear the heartbeat? I don't know how far along you have to be for that. Today is my halfway point of the tww and I am doing surprisingly well!
  • Options
    Jamie, I did see the heartbeat. It was really cool looking at the Ultrasound. I brought a really good friend with me and she cried. I told the tech I didn't want to see the screen unless everything was okay. It was and then showed me the baby. I am still not sure that it has sunk in but it will. I did get to bring home pictures and my dad says I want one for my wall of fame. He has pix of all the grand kids up there. per the doctor I was 7 weeks yesterday. Feeling so much better, than before the ultrasound. They did set up a bunch of tests for me, I have another Ultrasound on the 11th of May (check for Downs) and then get to find out what I am having on June 22.

You will be fine with the wait. How are you feeling? Remember no looking at BabiesRUs. Keep busy, which is what I did. Don't pee on sticks to early, I did and it freaked me out.
  • Options
    I am feeling good...keeping myself busy which helps! After my first IUI last December I think I had everything added to a wish list on Babies R Us...I have not done that since!! And this is the first time I haven't peed on a stick by this point in the tww. I am trying to hold out until next Wednesday since that was my 1st of the back-to-back IUI's.

How exciting to see the heartbeat!!! That is smart to not want to look at the screen. My mom has already crocheted 2 blankets and is working on a Christmas stocking. So they can check for Downs in an ultrasound now and now just amnio?
  • Options
    Jaimec

The Ultrasound in May is a preliminary test. I think the doc is going to push for an amnio but I will discuss that with her in May as well. Not keen on it, but will do what I need to. I can not bring a downs baby into the world. It is hard enough and I already have a mental handicapped uncle and it grates on my poor dad. To hard, as much as I want a child I can not do that a child. I know it is said, but those are my thoughts.

I have invited my folks up for the June 22 appt and said you are welcome to come. So hopefully they will.
  • Options
    AnissaS - I hear what you're saying, especially as a single mom (and having a 4 y/o plus crazy work schedule to boot). Have you thought about doing CVS? One gets the info much earlier than with amnio.
  • Options
    nettibug

Doc mentioned the ultrasound at 11 weeks and some additional blood tests. Not sure what they are. Maybe it is CVS? Not sure. I will know more in a month. I am okay not stressing over it now. Just want to get out of the first trimester and to start to feel better not a complaint but the migraines are killing me. Since I cannot take anything for them. I know it is better to have them then not. But one a day is enough.

Also girls, lemon sucking candy helps with Any time sickness. I used it today, cleared it right up.

Okay my 4 legged child needs her daily walk so we are off.
  • Options
    updates?!
  • Options
    nettibug who are you looking for updates from?
  • Options
    everyone! found more on the 2ww thread :)
  • Options
    big fat failure on 4th IUI and AF showed up on Saturday. I'll call the doc today and probably start injectibles tomorrow.
  • Options
    So sorry Jaimec. I am right there with you. I did a combo of femara and injectibles this month. I have my sonogram today and hope it paid off. The injectibles are not bad but they are definately not fun either. Plus, they are so expensive. Let's hope the 5th time works for both of us.
  • Options
    I did injectibles last month and I found them pretty painful. Not looking forward to starting them again. But if they work as well as last time, I'll be having my 5th IUI next week! Fingers crossed for both of us.
  • Options
    It's amazing how quickly the next time comes up, isn't it?! I did the injectibles this time also. I have to say, I didn't have much difficulty with them other than remembering to do it around the same time every night--yet another drawback to doing this on our own...no one to be an external reminder to do what I'm supposed to!
  • Options
    llyct - I do mine first thing in the morning so I don't have to think about it all day! Needles don't bother me, but the medicine burns and the injections made my stomach very tender.
  • Options
    I did mine in the morning too for that same reason. I thought I would psych myself out by waiting. Plus, I'm usually in a rush in the mornings, so I would just do it without thinking too much. But I only did shots for 3 days. My doctor called it a "boost". So, it was not too bad. The medicine did not bother me and I had no real side effects. I took mine in the hip/butt area. Maybe you should ask if you can change locations if your stomach is sore?