Options

Worried and Scared : (

I went in for my initial consult In Feb. During the ultrasound exam my doctor found a cyst that was about 3 times the size of my ovary. He put me on birth control pills in an attempt to shrink the cyst to increase my chances of conceiving. The first month the cyst decreased in size only a small portion, so the doctor wanted to watch it for one more month. Well I went back today and to no surprise the cyst is still there and not only is it still there, it has stopped shrinking. The doctor wants to do surgery to remove the cyst. And he mentioned that he wants to check my uterus to ensure fertility. I dont know how to feel about this. I'm scared that I may not have a chance of conceiving another baby (my daughter is 7). We want another child so bad. Is that selfish? My grandmother is praying that I WONT be able to get pregnant (she disagrees with 2 women raising children) and that just makes this situation even worse. I guess I could be jumping ahead of myself being that we haven't even scheduled the surgery and test. But when you hear that there may be a chance that your hopes and dreams may come tumbling down, its hard not to think the worst......I'm just lost for words. I just ask that you ladies pray for us.

Comments

• Options
    hey cheer4you i know that u are scared an ur grandmother is trying to discourage wat u want because of who who love i just want to say dont be discourage an you just pray an talk to GOD cause what GOD have for you it is for you it may not come wen you want it but wen the time is rite it shall happen so just think positive no matter what other may say or think .MAY GOD BLESS YOU WIT THE GIFT OF UR HEART.
  • Options
    Cheer4you don't let it get you down sometimes we have to go through the rough times to get to the times we are wishing for. I'm sure having the surgery will be no problem and you'll be able to begin the IUI process. I was very disappointed when my 1st natural IUI did not work last month and it has taken a lot of patience and faith to continue on. I have to have an HSG test done next week to make sure I have no problems with my fallopian tubes and although I don't want to do it I know I have to because otherwise I will just keep wasting money on this process without checking to make sure I'm in tip top shape not only for me but the baby as well. We all want our babies to have a safe and healthy place to grow. Relax and take your time, everything will work itself out. Keep us posted. Baby dust to you!!!
  • Options
    here is a story i dont know if it will help u or not but her goes, ...my partner's sis was pregnant with he son and had cancer in her uterus, not only that she had stones in her gaul bladder, they told her to abort the baby and have a surgery she was already 4 months pregnant and the doctors did not want to abort the baby as an option because she was so far along but anyway they said it would be the only thing that would save her and they told her if she waited til she gave birth to have the surgery it would be too late and that the cancer would spread and kill her and the baby..........we just celebrated her 31st birthday on saturday....as for the baby i know u must be wondering what happended to him....... well lets just say this we will be celebrating his 7th birthday in May......What will you trust GOD for???? Remember he is the end all be all not your family friends or the doctors. and just as she was willing to lay down her life and to leave everything and GOD's hands I ask that you be strong, stay encouraged and have a little faith!!!! Whatever will be will be!!! Good luck and GOD BLESS
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies......I really needed those words.

To shon1-It has gotten to the point where I dont even talk to her about the situation. She is one of those who likes to preach to someone and not living right herself.
    To Sunshyne2010-I know the surgery is the best thing right now to ensure that everything is ok before we start and end up being out of a lot of money and going on an emotional roller coaster just to find out that its not possible. And I trust my doctor to do whats in my best interest.
    To mom2b-WOW...Thats a miracle in itself and enough inspiration to make anyone go on. I'm glad that everything worked out for your sister in law.

I know everything is in Gods hands and he has total control over my life. I just have to be patient and let God do his work.

"Delight Yourself Also In The LORD, And He Shall Give You The Desires Of Your Heart...Commit Your Way To The LORD, Trust Also In Him, And He Shall Bring IT To Pass" Psalm 37:4-5

Thanks again Ladies......... : )
  • Options
    ur welcome i go next tuesday to find out my result an i pray an believe WITH FAITH THAT GOD will give me the desires of my heart this will be my first child an first time trying so please keep me an my partner an your prayer as we will do the same.
  • Options
    Well Ladies, my surgery has been scheduled. I go in next Thursday April 29th for a cystectomy and a hysteroscopy. I am very nervous. I just pray that everything turns out fine.
  • Options
    Good luck cheer4you I'm sure everything will be fine. Just think when it's all over with you will be able to start planning your next step and get closer to your wish.