Options

Donor 14058

How many pregnancies have there been from donor 14058?

Comments

• Options
    And where is that sperm shipped from?
  • Options
    Hi Sun -

We can share if a donor has more or less than 5 reported pregnancies.

Currently Donor 14058 has less than 5 reported pregnancies. He's been on our catalog for less than a year.

All of our donor sperm gets shipped from our headquarters in Los Angeles. If you live in the NYC, Boston, or Palo Alto areas, you can save on shipping costs with our Family Today/Family Tomorrow program: http://cryobank.com/Services/Additional-Services/Family-Today---Family-Tomorrow/

When you purchase 5 vials or more we can transfer the vials to your local branch for FREE, plus give you 1-3 years of FREE storage. For more info, please don't hesitate to contact our Client Service Consultants at 866-927-9622.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Word to the wise: Only 7.6 million swimmers.

I am still holding out hope it works.
  • Options
    SunshineLover!

Don't be discouraged! While my wife and I did not use this same donor...we are currently 14 weeks pregnant with another CCB donor. The month we got our BFP, we only did one insemination and we inseminated 8.1 million. Well it worked! We got our BFP on our 4th round of IUI..

Stay positive...baby dust!

Courtney
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll update this post after my TWW.
  • Options
    Has anyone had luck with donor 14058? And I read somewhere here that he only makes 7.5mil swimmers is that a good amount?
  • Options
    I just found out there is a teeny tiny baby in me from donor 14058! Yes, he only had 7.6 million but it did the job. Due date should be around June 2nd.
  • Options
    Under 10 million is eligible for a reimbursement unless you get pregnant. If the sperm was from your husband a "good amount" is over 5 million. If you are paying good money for it you expect a quality specimen though so 10 million is the minimum. They will tell you the stats right before your IUI. I also believe they put in for the reimbursement if it doesn't meet quality standards.
  • Options
    Update: this baby will never end up in my arms. It ended up being a chemical pregnancy. Next month Ill try again.
  • Options
    8.6 million this time
  • Options
    Sunshine srry for your loss was this your first iui?
  • Options
    Yes my first IUI was the chemical. I am in my TWW for try number 3. Sperm count 9.96 million this time.
  • Options
    Hazel29 are you using this donor?
  • Options
    Ok. No I'm not using this Donor. I just seen you post about #'s before and I'm in my TWW first IUI , I was just curious but baby dust to ya!
  • Options
    I am pregnant! Due Sept 6, 2016.
  • Options
    Congrats! Wishing you the happiest 9mths!
  • Options
    We are purchasing 14058 today! Excited!
  • Options
    Thanks Hazel! Things are looking a lot better this time around. My first ultrasound is next week. Hopefully I will get to hear the heartbeat.
  • Options
    Thinking about using this donor, but concerned about the low sperm count. Did anyone ever get over the recommended 10 mil? I know that CCB does a refund if if you don't get pregnant and the count is low. I just want the most bang for the buck since this is so expensive.
  • Options
    Elliejo,
    CCB is known for low counts from most donors unfortunately. It is more of a quantity of sperm being shipped rather than the quality. You might want to look into Seattle Cryobank who usually have counts 50-80 million per vial. They are cheaper but have fewer donors.

Update: I am now 20 weeks pregnant from 14058 and she is a GIRL! September cant come soon enough.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies -

Sunshine - Congratulations on your little girl! Please be sure to officially report your pregnancy so we can send out your Keepsake Packet and keep you informed on any future relevant medical updates on your donor.

To be clear, we receive very few sub-standard vials reports (less than 2% of all shipped vials). The majority of those reports come from a small handful of clinics that, generally due to their lab procedures and counting methods, come out with consistently lower counts than the thousands of other clinics around the country using the exact same vials. We have recently begun sending our own lab techs out to these clinics to help them with thawing and counting protocols and seen excellent results.

Most importantly, there is ample published research clearly establishing that pregnancy rates do not significantly increase over 5 million total motile sperm. That means that 5 million or 50 million sperm give you the exact same chances of success. Therefore, even when a clinic comes up with a vial count between 5-10 million total motile sperm, it still provides the same opportunity for success.

Again, congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options

Not sure if anyone still uses the thread. We have two littles from this donor. April 2016 girl and January 2019 boy. Both pregnancies reported and we are listed on the sibling registry. Curious of how many diblings are out there. I personally know that we have more than 5 pregnancies and births from this donor.