Options

Gave in and Tested Early....

AND it said Pregnant! Tried to add to our previous string but it didn't show up on the page?

We tested 4 days early, I just could feel it and we gave in... Used Clear Blue Easy Digital test... it showed the hourglass while we waited.. Vickie was so nervous we walked away - just walking aimlessly in the house - when we got back to the bathroom door she wouldn't go in... :) She said I don't think it's blinking anymore...

Sure enough as we stood over it it said Pregnant.. started to cry then she insisted I sit down, drink some juice and rest.. LOL..

We're excited but plan to take it easy and pretty much eliminate caffeine! Had the first blood test today, will go back on Wednesday with results on Thursday! Baby Dust to everyone and we pray it stays intact!

Comments

• Options
    CONGRATS to you both. We went in for the progesterone test today and they called to say it was well over 20--I think that is a good things but I am not sure...only 6 more days until we too can test.
  • Options
    YAYY!!! =) Congrats!!! I had a feeling that you guy were pregnant! We are going to go get a test tonight!
  • Options
    OMG!!! YAY Shannon and Vickie!!! I don't even know y'all and I feel like hopping around in joy for the both of you!!! That is SUCH great news!!

Kathy
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK SARA AND ASHLEY!!
  • Options
    congrats girls!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.... We are so excited... I had the first bloodwork yesterday and the dr. just called to say progesterone level is 37.2 and hcg is 28... will have another test tomorrow to see if the hcg level doubles. She said everything looked great!

Good luck to Sara & Ashley - I'm excited to hear your results as well..

Kim - I think that's a good thing!

BTW - I recommend clear blue easy digital HPT, it has the best accuracy rates before the test date!
  • Options
    Hi Shannon

Its the Sara side of Ashley. We tested last night because we heard your awesome news but it said. " LESBIANS HAVE WAAY MORE FUN TRYING KEEP TRYING" ... so it was a no go... we called the doctor because my stomach is killing me.. he said i tested way too early and that I shouldnt test until sunday. I am supposed to get my period on friday.. he says my symtoms could be implantation pains or period pain... great.. that helped alot.. LOL.. I am very happy to hear you guys made it .. its make the process much easier when at least some of us make it.. i just vision all your stories of your girl making you sit down and drink juice and you getting upset over the shrimp and ham.. Congrats to you again.. and good luck to everyone.. 10 tons of baby dust!
  • Options
    Hi Sara,

I don't know if you ever read our previous posts (the one that has like 25 posts in it) but I posted on there about feeling all the pregnancy symptoms and then getting a negative. We were so crushed. I tested like three times, thinking maybe I didn't do something right. :( Please don't be discouraged. It will happen for you!! Maybe next time!! Are you able to start again with your next cycle? We were going that route but then I developed a cyst on one of my ovaries and had to cancel the insemination this month.... I can tell you something. I was much happier when I got the negative and realized that I could just start again IMMEDIATELY with the new cycle (which was only a few days after the pregnancy test) than versus getting the negative and then having to skip a month! So, if you get to do it all again it will keep your mind on trying and off of the negative test. So you are right..... it is more fun to try than to sit and wait to try... :) 10 tons of baby dust right back to you!!!

Take care and let us know how everything goes.

hugs,

Kathy
  • Options
    Kathy - you are a great addition of reality to this post for those like me that live in the clouds.. .but I think there is still a chance for Sara this cycle...

Right Sara? It's possible they just tested too early and there's still a chance this weekend..

Hey out of curiosity - Sara, what HPT did you use?

another ray of sunshine.. we actually did the IUI after the OPK turned, the next day and I really think that I had an egg within the 24 hours... some actually do the IUI a few days before so the sperm is there... That may be the reason we were able to get the early positive because it happened quickly after the IUI... In fact I had - what I think was implantation bleeding 3 days later and a small clot at 5 days after... I did read on the internet that implantation can be from 2 - 15 days after ... so that could depend on when you get the positive result I would imagine..

If your implantation is later then perhaps your results are later?
  • Options
    Hi ladies, It's Ashley again.

Shannon-- that's what I was telling Sara. I said well Shannon had implantation bleeding (we think) and you could just be a little bit behind. Because I think we did the IUI about 2-3 days before OPK turned.. Yesterday she was having very light spotting and her stomach is still feeling weird. Like Sara said, Dr. said it could be period or pregnant... hopefully it's pregnant. Aside from all the symptoms Sara's been experiencing and the feeling of being pregnant, I just have such a good feeling about this and I still believe she may be pregnant... still trying not to get my hopes up. She's supposed to start her cycle on Friday (the 5th) so if she doesn't, we're going to take another test Sunday morning-- Dr. also said we should be testing in the AM, not nighttime. Whooops. He told her that even if her test is negative again & still no period he wants to see her Monday or Tuesday morning for a blood test... some women just don't have luck with the "at home" tests. We'll see!! Still keeping our fingers crossed. We used the same as you-- the Clear Blue digital test. But it said 5 days before missed period it's only 51% accurate, again, we'll see.

We told ourselves we'd probably skip this next cycle if not pregnant. Don't know why... just a lot going on with the holidays, there's a million birthdays and just a lot going on right now! But if we skip and wait until January it will be right before my birthday =) good birthday present maybe? But hopefully we won't have to go that route!

Alright ladies, have to get to work!! =) Hope you all have/had a great day!

~Ashley
  • Options
    Ashley -
    Just hoping and praying for you that it turns out... Has Sara had any indigestion? Not all women get it but I've had it since Day 2 literally! It's insane! I'm cramping now like I do before my period... a lot of lower back ache that I get about 3-4 days before!

I went this morning for another blood test and said to the nurse, okay well talk with you in the morning... She said the dr. ordered the results for today so she'll call this afternoon...

Oh so exciting and fingers crossed the hcg doubled!!!!

Have a great day!
  • Options
    Shannon-

She hasn't had any indigestion but her stomach has been bothering her almost every day since... but the Dr. said it's normal? We read online that some women's stomach feels weird or hurts because their uterus is getting stronger & bigger (it's way of getting ready to hold a baby for 9mo.) so thats interesting. When you were spotting, how long did you spot for? Sara started to spot yesterday & still continuing a little bit today but it's SO SO light that you can barely tell, she doesn't even need to wear protection... is that how yours was? Her stomach isn't bothering her as bad today... just a little. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I hope that the HCG doubled!! Have you heard anything yet today? =) How exciting!!!

-Ashley
  • Options
    Hey Ashley -

(that's my sister's name by the way!)

My spotting lasted about 2 and half days... it was never heavy, I never needed a pad, sorry probably TMI but it was mostly there when I wiped.. sometimes a little heavier but it went to barely light to nothing... That for me was back at Day 3-4 DPO.... here check out my Nov. chart... http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/231709
    Is sara tracking BBT? This chart also shows some of the other symptoms I experienced... I had some similar symptoms in Oct after Ovulation but not nearly as much as in Nov.!!!

My stomach cramps go in and out... sometimes I'll get little muscles spasms but mostly low back ache a lot right now. I have high hope for you both!!!!

I heard today! my HCG doubled! YEAH from 28 to 55! We are so excited! Oh my gosh, we're having a baby!!!! WOW, Can't believe I'm saying that... We are cautiously optimistic though because the next few weeks are VERY important!

I will say though, today, my BB's are crazy sore and very irritated, a bit more than during my period! My period would have actually started tomorrow! It's getting closer to Sunday for you!! YEAH! happy thoughts, happy thoughts...
  • Options
    Hi Shannon

WELL.... we thought it might have been implantation spotting but she woke up this morning and it ended up not. It's heavier now so... I guess not. But that's okay... what's the book called that you were reading? We'll probably buy that and try some things out of there, continue the acupunturist and... idk what else, just hope for the best. We figured we'd take this month off though... there's just a lot going on with birthdays and holidays so we'll try again in January.

I'm so happy for you though, that's amazing. It must feel so great to be able to say you're having a baby. =) Congrats again.

Ashley & Sara
  • Options
    PS... we posted on your blog, we made our own profile... we had a little bit of fun with it =) haha
  • Options
    Hi Ashley and Sara,

I hope you both have a really great holiday and tons of fun at all the birthday celebrations. I can tell from your many posts that you two are going to be amazing mommies! January seems like a great month for conception!! :) We will be trying again for #2 at the very end of Decemeber, so we won't be too far in front of you two. I am just always thinking about being pregnant. I have become quite obsessed about it, but I am hoping this is normal.... I am a dual degree student (law school and Masters of Social Work) in my third year so I should probably be focusing on my finals some, huh?!

Shannon,

I laughed when I read your post about me being a good additon of reality.... I think that is what law school does to you... haha LOL. Sometimes I wish I could think the way I thought before law school, but it is hard. Your spirit and your energy is a great addition to this post.... so we make a good balance here!! :) LOL I think I personally need to do some dreaming and stop being so darn caught up in every detail and outcome. Anyway, as I stated on another string of posts, thanks for all your great tips for fertility. AND woohoo for the HCG double! And double congratulations to you and Vickie!!

Kathy & CJ
  • Options
    Sara and Ashley,
    I'm sorry to hear about your news. We'll all be trying in January together!

-Jenn
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Its the Sara side of Ashley... curse the period gods like noooo other :) ... my co-worker told me that she always thought "we/lesbians" had secret meetings.. and this must be it... Gosh it is soo amazing all the love and support in the room.. i truly feel a togetherness and anticipate hearing from all of you each day. Jenn its on in January! :) Kathy and CJ what a strong one you are ...your share of IUI's and that schooling.... i know your going to be an awesome mommy.. it takes a great deal of courage for this process.. so i have discovered and you both should be commended for your strength.. it will happen for all of us one day ..Shannon keep us posted on that lil grower you have :) have you picked names?

later gators
  • Options
    Hello -
    I agree with Sara, it's such a blessing to have this group... I just love these secret lesbian meetings... ha...

BTW - most of you have joined the blog but if you haven't please do so we can share your photos and your own blog pages!
    http://cryobankfriends.blogspot.com/

The good news is that being a few weeks ahead of everyone I can share some of the things I'm reading and body changes that I'm noticing... For example, I've also noticed how important it is to stay hydrated. I've started getting headaches in the front of my head and find that after drinking a few glasses of water I feel much better... Also if your tongue has a white film then it's a good sign your dehydrated.

I love reading and I'm learning so much every day... this is an awesome experience for all of us!
  • Options
    I actually have gone on the blog and posted anonymously. I am definitely NOT an expert on blogging, so I will need to wait until finals are over so we can try to put together a profile like y'all did!! My finals are over on Dec 20, so I probably won't be on here too much until after that! :( But as an update, CJ and I will be going in to the doctor to check on the status of that darn cyst!! We will go in on Dec 12, Friday, in the morning. If the cyst is still there and the same size we will go in on Saturday Dec 13 to have the vaginal aspiration procedure done to drain the cyst. If it is substantially smaller (i.e "resolving") or gone then we don't have to do anything. EITHER WAY, we inseminate (second try!) this cycle. I think I will start my cycle on Dec 16, so start the clomid on the 18th, give or take a day. Inseminating around the 29th of Dec. After we found out we had to cancel in November due to the cyst, my partner said that maybe it was "meant to be" due to the stress of law school finals, etc. Now, since i am going through the hell of finals, I am thankful we had no choice!!! I am looking forward to a peaceful and stress-free insemination... I so want to watch a movie, go to the park, etc! I can't wait for the break on Dec 20!! I should go... I am totally rambling now...
  • Options
    Kathy =
    I think CJ's right... I'm here to tell you that this pregnancy is already kicking my butt... I love it and I'm not complaining but I had no idea how tired and susceptible to illness I would become! This weekend I woke up with major sinus drainage and sore throat. I know it's the season too but ughh... I rested and drank tons of fluids only to get a smidgen better... But.. I have asthma too and I'm weazing a lot more since I'm having difficulty breathing. Went to the doc this morning and she said... rest and fluids are the key and it only gets worse so I have to take care of myself.

I will say the girlfriend has been amazing.. She read that keeping a preg woman feed is the best thing for the emotional roller coaster and believe me she is doing a great job! Little meals instead of large ones and we now have a humidifier to help me breathe easier at night.

I said all that to say... good thing you waited, because not only would the stress not be good, but your symptoms could have interfered with finals.. Wise choice.... Hope the 20th comes soon for you and good luck when you get ready to go again...

BTW, if you need help starting the blog, let me know... but law school huh... I bet you can figure it out.. LOL...
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

It's been a while since I've written on here... been a little busy. Shannon... that sucks that you sick but good to hear your girlfriend is taking good care of you and keeping you fed! ;) I have asthma too so I know how it is when you get sick... it's not fun! Sara and I have been doing ok, aside from yesterday... we were watching TV and this commercial came on with this cute little boy and his mom kept trying him to say "Merry Christmas" and finally he said it into a card that they sent to his granparent's... and Sara just started balling!!! I was like it's okay Sara! Geessssh. But she told me that "I don't know how you'd invision our babies to look in your head but that's exactly how I invision our son to look..." So it was really sad =( But she's doing ok other than that. We're going to buy that book that you've gotten everyone so interested in and we're going to use some tips from there and eat lots of raspberries and drink lots of tea... well... she is lol. We made appointments with our doctor for Jan 19th and 20th and whichever day we're ovulating will be the day!! Shannon I'm so happy for you... this is so exciting, We both hope to keep in touch with you throughout your journey! Good thing you're ahead of us so you can tell us ALLLLLLL about it! =) Kathy-- I agree, good decision on waiting! And good luck on the 20th. =)

Hope to talk to you all again soon.

~Ashley
  • Options
    Kathy-- sorry I meant to say... Good luck with your appointment on the 12th & on the 29th!! =) BABY DUST!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I commented on your blog site but I have not commented here. I have enjoyed reading all of your comments. My partner and I live in NYC and tomorrow we go in for my first IUI. I'm 35 and she is 31. This is the first time I am ever trying to get pregnant. I went in on Monday for an ultrasound and bloodwork and the doctor said everything looked great. I have three large follicles on my right side and my uterus is the appropriate thickness. Although he perscribed a shot of Ovidrel he is not sure if he is going to use it. I am supposed to bring it with me tomorrow just in case. He will let me know if I have to go in on Friday for my second insemination. I'm going through so many feelings at the moment plus I am in the midst of finals and papers. I can't wait for this week to be over! I am a Master's of Special Ed. student. I wish you all the best!
    -Ive
  • Options
    I would love to be added to the blog. We used a CCB donor to conceive both our daughters. Our oldest daughter is 3 and our second daughter is 13 1/2 months. My name is C and my partner is M. I am 27 and she is 29. I will post on the blog to have our info up. If you would like to follow our journey we have a blog. Its www.ourjourneywithourtwodaughters.wordpress.com

I started this blog when I was pregnant with our second daughter Little Miss, and love to keep everyone updated with both their progress. It also gives hope that it WILL happen for everyone!
  • Options
    Ive, how did your IUI go? I havent been on here in a while so sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. Good luck to you and lots of baby dust!!
  • Options
    Hi Sara,
    Thanks for the happy wishes!! I went for my second IUI on Friday and the doctor said it was perfect "textbook" cycle and timing. My left (blocked) ovary had released it's egg and the right ovary (which had 3 large follicles) was begining to release. One was already collapsing, another was beginning to release fluid so he gave me a shot of Orvidrel to ensure that any egg even close to maturing would hurry up and release. I have to say that I am scared to be excited but I have been feeling quite peculiar since my inseminations. Thursday and Friday I was feeling quesy. I could not stand the smell or taste of chicken (that is the only meat I eat). Then I have this feeling of fullness and slight abdominal discomfort that will not go away. Like I said I am really scared of getting excited then seeing a negative pregnancy test. These are going to be the longest two weeks ever. LOL
  • Options
    Hello Ive,

How did everything go? We are thinking about you and wishing you the best!

Kathy
  • Options
    I added a separate post regarding my nervousness... I have five mature eggs and we are inseminating tomorrow. I am worried this is too many... I am scared, but we are going to go with it. Send good thoughts my way if you have the spare time to think about me. Thanks, Kathy