Options

BFP on try #6

I have been posting and reading on the boards for awhile now and am so so so happy to finally be able to say that my partner and I have been blessed to get our BFP after almost a year of trying with a fertility clinic. I know there are so many women out there who have been trying for years and I support all of you because this past year has been rather emotional, alot of ups and downs and we were really worried that it may not happen for us. I was reluctant to use any medications as we were worried about increasing the chances of multiples but after 5 unsuccessful tries and the fact that I turned 40 this year, we were strongly encouraged to use Clomid, which we did, and two weeks later we were blessed with our positive pregnancy test.

For all of those who are 40 and still trying, I hope this gives you the hope you need. I am currently 7 1/2 weeks so I am cautiously optimistic but I will have such positive thoughts everyday.....Thank you all for all of your support and advice over the past year.

Michelle

Comments

• Options
    CONGRATS Michelle! That is wonderful news to hear - especially after almost 1 year and 6 tries :) I will be using Clomid (first time) for IUI #2 when I get my AF towards the end of this month. I hope I have good luck with Clomid like you :)

Did you go on 50mg of Clomid (if you don't mind me asking)?

Take care!
    Tara
  • Options
    That's great news, Michelle! I wish you the best for a successful pregnancy! That's inspiration for the rest of us . I've been trying now for 8 months with no success (yet). I was advised to change donors, so my partner & I will be picking a different donor and both trying next month! Your BFP gives all of us hope !
    Best of luck to you,

Kim
  • Options
    Congratulations Michelle!!! That's wonderful news!!!
  • Options
    Michelle Congratulations to both you & your Partner, You give me hope!
    I will be 37 this may & my Partner & I have been trying for about 8 months. We took a couple months off after our last IUI didnt work & I could not deal with the stress & negitive thoughts I was having. Not to mention I have gained about 15 lbs since we started ttc...I was not doing the stress well at all. We have also decided to change donors like 'akst' after my niece's other gay auntie advised us that she had been told to change donors after 3 or 4 UIUs not ending in pregnancy with one donor. (I am happy to report they got pregnant on their 1st try with donor #3 and are now almost 5 months preg.)
    Our last try we used Clomid (50mg.) It severly messed with my cycle. I still have not had a real period (it has been 2 months) after spotting for 8 days starting on day 34 of my cycle after our last IUI (my normal cy is 23 days) We were sure I was pregnant! then the 2nd month I had a 1 1/2 day period however I did ovulate the 2nd month, I did not the 1st month after just spotting. I Do still want to use clomid again in May because I feel like it's 2 eggs, 2 is 2x the chance we will get pregnant kinda Like 2 months in one. Anyway, sorry to ramble!!! Congratulations again to Michelle & your partner!
    'akst' please update on your donor change if you dont mind.
    smittinzoo@hotmail.com
    Blessed be ,<3
    Jennifer
  • Options
    tjmoors, I was placed on 50 mg of Clomid twice a day from days 3-7 after start of my period, so they started me on 100 mg right away but I know it can be different depending on your RE. I wish you the best of luck at the end of this month with your 2nd try :)

akst, thank you for the congratulations. How exciting that both you and your partner will be trying. Don't give up. Have you used any medications yet. I didn't consider changing donors because I already have an 18 month old son from same donor. I got pregnant 1st try with my son and really wanted them to be biologically related so I actually had my previous donor reactivated because he had retired when I was pregnant in 2008 and we were devasted becuase we only had a few more vials. Thankfully, our donor agreed to return and we were able to continue trying with the same donor. It all worked out so well but it was certainly a long and very stressful road. I know we still need to be cautious as I am early on in my pregnancy but my partner and I have been so blessed so far, we are hopeful that everything will continue to go well.

thank you ssjp01 and smittinbaby, I'm sorry to hear that things haven't gone well so far but try to continue to think as positively as you can, I certainly know how stressful this can all be and it takes quite a toll on you. I know Clomid doesn't work for everyone and it sounds like you are planning to try again with medication. I certainly hope you have a different experience with the medications this next cycle. It worked for us and we're so grateful. The Clomid did produce two mature eggs, which did increase our chances and we were fotunate to have one fertilize. I wish you all the best of luck. It will happen for you, just keep trying and you and your partner can support one another through the process.

Michelle
  • Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful! May God bless you with a beautiful, healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    Thank you MistyandCarla, it's always great to read about your little girl. You are always a great source of support for everyone.
    Michelle