9 Weeks Pregnant with 14120

I'm 37 and as of today, 9 weeks pregnant. (via donor 14120).

I struggled a lot with the single-woman fears before pulling the trigger, so to speak, but now that I'm on my way and actually pregnant, I am more confident than ever that I made the right decision.

I just wanted to reach out here and say that if you really want to be a mom, partnered or not, don't wait and just go for it. You'll regret never having children more than you will wasting your time trying to be "normal" like so much of society pushes you to be. The pressure is invisible. It's your life, your baby and your choices. Be brave and go have the child you always wanted, no matter what anyone says. Even your mothers. ;)

Good luck to all.

Comments

• Congratulations! Thanks for the encouraging words. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
  • Congratulations! I am a single mother and had my baby on April 17th by the same donor.
  • Hi I am having some fears in dealing with "norm" if it's not to personal what did you tell people and what do you plan on telling your child
  • Hi Mamas! I'm curious how your pregnancies and babies have been with Donor 14120. Just found out I'm pregnant!

• Hi @lauralye1 - sorry for the very very long delay in seeing this post. Would love an update from you if you're still around here....

• Hey everyone,

I am so excited to find this group. I had a baby by 14120 on November 09, 2015. She is fours years old. Beautiful, head strong and smart...love her to death. Planning to have another baby by the same donor this year. I am so glad my Reagan has siblings :).

• Hi Reagan’s Mummy,

That IS exciting! Thank you for writing. My daughter just turned 3. :) I’ve been in touch with another family by this donor as well.

If you ever want to connect further, some of us are registered in the sibling database for this donor.

So glad to know you and Reagan are out there!
    Sarah

• Hi @neolution.. I am 35, single and thinking of doing the donor sperm. What is it like? What is your daughter like? Is there a way to connect on fb?

• Hi Reagan's Mummy,

I am the mom who met with Sarah's daughter. My daughter is 5 years old now. I would love to connect with other children of this donor.

Rhonda

• Hi, hopeful1974:
    I have a daughter from this donor. If you could please let me know how to connect.
    Thanks.

• Hi Newpeace,

We are all registered in the sibling registry. There are currrntly 5 of us in a Facebook message group. If you would like to connect please let me know.

• Hi, hopeful1974:
    Sorry for the late reply. I am not a frequent user of Fb but will try to join the group. Could you please let me know how to join? Thank you.

• Hi newpeace!

We Would love to connect with you. You can register on the sibling registry and find our email addresses!

Can’t wait to connect to another sibling!
    Best,
    Sarah

• Hi, Sarah:
    She was on the sibling registry. I tried to login couldn't find the information. I think I accidentally changed her info. to multiple.

• Can you reregister? Maybe someone from CCb can help?

https://www.sibling-registry.com/Registry/Login?ReturnURL=/Forums