Options

43, alone, scared, what am I thinking, IVF, I want my own baby. HELP

This is all so new to me. I've always been a great mom to my nieces, nephres,friends kids, everyones kids. I love kids. Lost my mom 2 years ago to cancer. I was fighting with her for 5 years and I forgot to be in a relationship and have a baby! Yes, I do want to be a mother. But I always thought I'd have a father for my child. I grew up without a dad in my life and I remember the hurt I felt. Am I doing the right thing? Can I protect my baby from that pain?
I've finished all the testing. Everything works fine. Now it's time to just do it.
?????? HELP

Comments

• Options
    My age, my situation, my question... I too have gone through all testing, have completed all paperwork.. I have a great job, no current relationship and a desire to be a mom.. My window is closing quickly so it's now or never. The only hold up is the question of going it alone... I grew up with my father in my home so it scares me not offering my child a father... I work with kids everyday so I have no question about whether I'd be a good mom... I just don't want to look back on my life and regret that I didn't take this opportunity at motherhood... Strongly leaning towards moving forward... Glad to know I'm not alone :-)
  • Options
    I'm going it alone - my kid is now 4.5 months - and I am happier everyday with my decision. This kid is going to have so much love in his life, it's not a "traditional family" but it is a family born out of a deep desire to bring a child into the world which is a very powerful force. Your child's life can be filled with many important relationships with your family and friends, and who knows, maybe even a new partner down the road. There will be complex conversations, but you'll be ready for them when they happen, and the underlying narrative will always be - you were brought into this world because I love you and couldn't wait any longer to meet you.
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm 41 and new to this as well. I wonder about the same thing, and feel a little selfish bringing a child to this world without a father. But I strongly agree with BostonMama that there will be many other important relationship the child will have. Focus on what he/she will have rather than the lacks.