Options

11900 - NEW?

Is 11900 new to the program? If so, can you tell us how new? Any other look alikes for him other then the 2 you list? Thank u

Comments

• Options
    Hi MDB -

11900 was first released in February of this year.

His Look-a-Likes are determined by the committe that list as many accurate look-a-likes as they can come up with for each donor.

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank u scott
  • Options
    You're welcome.

:-)
  • Options
    Did you end up using 11900? I am in the TWW for my 1st IUI with 11900.
  • Options
    Any success with this donor?
  • Options
    Ikb...was it successful?
  • Options
    momwantstwo,

are you going to be using this donor? he is top of my list but I haven't seen any other post other then this one. just wondering.
  • Options
    HI. I just used him today and yesterday for IUI. I had used another donor for my prior three cycles and failed so went on to this one. (he was my orginal first choice but I had some initial concerns on the alocholism in his family.)
    I also did not see any postings on him---hope that is not a bad thing. : ) There was not a lot oon my prior donor either. Let me know if you use him too.
  • Options
    Good luck, I hope it works for you this go around. I had the same thoughts about the alocholism on this donor as well. Our first choice was CMV postive and I need someone negative. We are still undecided but he is for sure one of our top picks. I really wish they had adult pictures. Keep me posted on how you do. I will let you know if we decided to go with him. :)
  • Options
    Note:

We have never had a documented case in 30+ years of a CMV+ donor transmitting the virus to a recipient or child.

CMV+ does note indicate an active infection. If an applicant or donor tests positive for an active CMV infection he is disqualified from the program and all collected vials sincve his last negative test are destroyed. This is one of the reasons we quarantine vials for six months prior to release and continue to test the donors for communicable diseases every 3 months.

CMV+ on our catalog simply indicates the donor carries antibodies to the CMV virus, meaning he was exposed to it at some point in his life (much like chicken pox).

It is estimated that well over 50% of the US adult population carries antibodies for CMV.

Good luck to all,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Scott
    How many pregnancies does this donor have reported?
  • Options
    Hi mom -

We have more than 5 reported pregnancies for Donor 11900.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I am in the same boat with CMV-. My RE told me to only choose a CMV- donor? Of course I always fall in love with a donor to realize that he is CMV+. I have learned you can add CMV status to the view on searches and click on CMV and it pullls all the negative donors to the top of the list.

11900 sure looks like a cutie. I have tried him for my last 5 IUIs with no luck. I decided to switch to a new donor for this last attempt before moving on to IVF. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Hi All -

CMV+ simply means the donor carries the antibody for CMV -- not an active infection.

It is estimated that more than half the US adult population carry CMV antibodies.

In 35 years, we have never had a documented case of CMV transmition from a donor to a recipient.

If you really love the donor and the doctor won't do the insemination, ask to be tested yourself. Odds are you are a carrier as well.

Regards,

Scott
  • Options
    My MD must be overly cautious. But she did test me for CMV and it was negative. I did invite a friend whom I knew was CMV+ over for dinner the next night and kept drinking out of her glass...hehe....
  • Options
    Hi. Did you have success with him for number 5? I had three unsuccessful iuis and debating what to do next....use him again or another donor or try ivf.
  • Options
    To the admin

Was the more than five with ivf or iui?
  • Options
    Hi Mom -

The pregnancies could be a result of any type of assisted reproductive procedure. We don't release specific information on the pregnancies.

If you are considering an IUI vs IVF, it is best to consult with your physician.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi. My wife and I are starting to look for IUI donor's. This one is at the top of our list. We wanted to know if anyone was successful with him? If you can give me any information it would be great.
  • Options
    Hi RLT -

Congrats on starting the process! We have 5 or more pregnancy reports for Donor 11900. You may want to post in the "Share Your Experience" or "Selecting Your Donor" forums to get responses from other clients.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    This donor is one of my top picks, but my concerns are that not only does he have the alcoholism in his family, he has a lot of cancer. He looks adorable, though, and I loved his audio interview.
  • Options
    Hi Elle -

I would suggest contacting one of our Genetic Counselors at 877-743-6384. They will be able to discuss the donor's family medical history with you.

Less than 1% of applicants are accepted into our donor program due to our stringent screening process. Genetic testing, donor interviews, evaluation of the donor's family medical history by our genetic counselors, and approval by our medical director are all part of that process.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    We used this donor with excellent success--2 beautiful boys!
    Unmedicated IUIs at MD's office.
    Our older son was born on the second try in 2014, our younger son was born on the fifth in 2016.