Options

Fertility Meds

Hello everyone, just a quick question which I hope gets a lot of responses. I could really use the feedback. So, I'm going in for my second unmedicated IUI sometime this week. I really like the idea of no medication (due to all the possible side effects). However, I can see myself considering fertility medication (Clomid) if the next couple don't take. For any of you who have used Clomid, would you recommend it, and what were your side effects, if any? Any and all advice is much appreciated. And if it helps, I'm 32; no known fertility issues. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    I took Clomid 5 times at different doses. I have PCOS. It only gave me one follicle each time. Clomid also thinned the linig of my uterus and gave me hot flashes and horrible mood swings. It didn't work for me. I also did a round with Femara, I got the same results without the drama and my lining was fine. However, I didn't get pregnant on that either. I got pregnant on one round of Follistim Ijnections.
  • Options
    Thanks, Smaciegracie,

I had my second unmedicated IUI yesterday, and will probably try one more before beginning Clomid. Thanks so much for the info, and best of luck to you (I can't be sure but if I remember correctly it was you who lost a little boy recently). SO sorry to hear that..hang in there and keep the faith.
  • Options
    Yes I did, I'll be trying again sometime this summer.
  • Options
    I haven't taken Clomid, but I have had good cycles with femara. This drug is a little bit less known, but it seems to have fewer side effects.

Renee