Options

Fertility Meds

Hello everyone, just a quick question which I hope gets a lot of responses. I could really use the feedback. So, I'm going in for my second unmedicated IUI sometime this week. I really like the idea of no medication (due to all the possible side effects). However, I can see myself considering fertility medication (Clomid) if the next couple don't take. For any of you who have used Clomid, would you recommend it, and what were your side effects, if any? Any and all advice is much appreciated. And if it helps, I'm 32; no known fertility issues. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    I tried one cycle of Clomid because I wasn't ovulating at the time, but it didn't work for me. I only came up with 1 or 2 follicles, which wasn't enough to go ahead with the trigger shot, etc. The only side effects I think I experienced were minor hot flashes.

I ended up going to an acupuncturist to get my cycle back in order and it worked. However, 5 IUIs and 1 ICI later and I haven't been able to get pregnant. The fact that I'm almost 40 may have something to do with it.

So now I'm wondering about taking Clomid, or other fertility meds, as a way to better control the timing (and hopefully, the outcome) next time. Either that or I'm heading towards IVF.

Based on my experience, I'd have to say that fertility meds are not a magic bullet, and they don't work the same way for everyone. But in the right circumstances, they can possibly help things along.

--CSS
  • Options
    Thanks, CSS. I'm going to try hard not use any medication, but may change my mind if this starts to take awhile. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    I did one cycle of Clomid for my first IUI in January. Although my numbers were good, my doctor recommended I use it because of my age. I am 40, and I got pregnant on that first try. I did 5 days of clomid, and I had no real side affects. Good luck.