Options

Counts

I'm just curious if you have had any problems with post thaw counts for donor 12044. The numbers were only 7.8 million on our first vial and we received a credit for it. I'm worried though because we have 11 more vials in storage and I don't want to continue doing IUI's if the counts are low because of the costs. Even though we were credited for the vial, we were still out the cost for the IUI/scans/meds and it took up one of the 5 that my insurance will cover some of. Just wondering if there has been a theme with this or if this was just a fluke.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    If they are low counts is it possible they use 2 or 3 vials per try...I mean if you get a credit for the ones that are low...why not combine so it's not a waste?

I have heard of ppl having very low counts and still getting pregnant. Remember it only takes 1.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was planning on shipping 2 next time...its still frustrating though because if I only need the one, I would have to pay for storage at my RE's office if it had to stay long term. Plus, I'm hoping to have enough for a sibling in the future so I don't want to "waste" them. I would rather just have a donor with good numbers.
  • Options
    Seems it unpredictable. Our first two vials of our donor were from the same donation (on the vial they were both dated same) and they were both over 70 million. Our third vial which was from a different donation was only 45 million. So just because one or two has a low sperm count doesn't mean all do.
  • Options
    Hi All -

No problems to report. Donor 12044 has more than 5 reported pregnancies and at least one reported birth so far.

Our minimum guarantee is 10 million total motile sperm (count x motility) per IUI vial. Basically, there has never been a study to show that anything over 5 million increases your chances of pregnancy. That means that even at 7.8 million your chances are just as good as 10 million. However, we will always honor our 10 million guarantee (providing you do not get pregnant).

TommieWartick - If your numbers are in the 40 million range you have absolutely nothing to worry about. :-)

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks Scott
  • Options
    Oh yeah! We are pregnant with the 45 million...I was just trying to show that different days that the donor donates produces wide variations in counts!
  • Options
    Has any one got pregnant with donor #12044? And can any one give us some information on this donor. Does anyone know how many birth with this donor?