Options

Newbie & Endometriosis Fighter

I'm a 29 yr old, career-driven, single woman trying for my 1st child- and endometriosis has brought me here.

I've had 10 surgeries for my endo (including having my left tube and ovary removed) and now -as of this year- I am deathly allergic to soy, soybean oil, peanuts and peanut oil - my gyno & the Center for Endo down in GA tell me it's due to my endometriosis and it's link with my immune system. (Soy's in everything btw- vegetable oil, veg. broth, most things that say "natural flavors" (in the US), margerine, breads, crackers, ice creams, medicines, lotions, etc) Anyone else experiencing this craziness?!?!

Anyway, I was told in May I am out of time - so hysterectomy or baby! Well, my true love actually died 2 years ago, so I am single, but I have chosen to try to have a child on my own. I have fought endo for 15 years and I cannot just throw in the towel now. If I don't at least try to have a child now, I will always regret and wonder...

So I did the dye testing in June, and last month did my first IUI. I can't quite swing for IVF, so IUI is my only option right now. I took chlomid but the IUI did not work. So I am trying again next week, but this time I am taking a series of shots that will increase my # of mature follicles. So I'm praying it will work!!

My family and friends and even my employer have been very supportive, but this is quite an emotional rollercoaster and there are certainly moments where I feel alone in my experience. I'm pretty positive by nature, but when I started my period 2 days ago - the fact that the IUI didn't work hit me harder than I thought it would. That night I toyed with just stopping and doing the hysterecomy but quickly came to my senses! I'm pretty tough overall, but this whole experience has been humbling.

I would love to hear from others, your stories- what brought you here and any successes with IUI!

Wishing us all healthy, happy babies!!

Comments

• Options
    Endo Mama...hello and welcome to the boards! First off, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one...I can only imagine how difficult that must be. I'm also sorry that your first IUI was negative, but hopefully with the shots, this will be your BFP month!

I have endo too, but by no means is it anything like yours. I had surgery to remove it when I was 14 years old and I'm 36 now. My OB always told me that pregnancy would help with the endo pain, but I wasn't ready for a baby back then. But, just to give you some hope...I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with my first baby and we got a BFP on a natuaral IUI cycle. (First timers luck)

Thank you for sharing your story, good luck on this very emotional journey and KUP on your progress.

Misty and Carla
  • Options
    That's awesome to hear it worked for you!! Truly - I'm so happy for you and so inspired to keep a positive attitude!!

Sooo I keep seeing "BFP" and I know I must be ignorant - but what does that mean exactly?

I go tomorrow to see how many follicles I have that are good to go and I should have my next IUI Thursday. So crossing my fingers...

Thanks again though- you made my night!!
  • Options
    BFP...Big Fat Positive

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow...be sure to let us know what you find out!
  • Options
    hahaha - BFP would have left me guessing ALL YEAR!!! lol love it though!!

So my doc appt yesterday was a bit disappointing. They put me on shots last week and yesterday the u/s showed that I had a cyst on my only ovary and one follicle that was only about 13mm and that's about it. So they up-ed me my meds and I go back tomorrow to see if that helped.

So not sure when I will have the IUI now, maybe not till the weekend at this rate.

Hoping to have some viable eggs SOON!! =(

Hope ur feeling great!!
    & Thanks!!
  • Options
    Don't let that discourage you yet...hopefully tomorrow will bring great results and you can be well on your way to a BFP!
  • Options
    Had the IUI on Saturday so now I am on the TWW.
    Crossing my fingers!!
    Thanks for the support!!

You are getting close to your due date - hope you are feeling great!! =)
  • Options
    I hope you're doing well in your TWW and that it soon brings you a BFP!

Yes, we're getting close...having a few issues...you can see my update on Baby Reece in the same sex couples forum.
  • Options
    Soooo- I got a BFP!!! :)
    I tested early- was supposed to wait until Saturday- so they said my hormone levels are not where they would like them to be- so they have me using Progesterone cream and coming back on Monday and re-testing the blood.

Hoping all will be ok - I am so excited!!!
    Hope all is well with you guys!!
  • Options
    Hello Endo Mama,

26 years old here with endometriosis.

At first I was very reluctant to try ICI or IUI for being a mother, but now, I am very used to the idea and getting ready for it.

Hope you had success. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Hello Endo Mama,

Congratulations on your BFP! I would love to hear how things are going now!
    I too am struggling with endometriosis. I am 30 years old and single and have endometriosis and recurring ovarian cysts. Three years ago I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed because of a massive tumor that they found on my ovary that had flipped over 4 times and cut off all of the blood supply to that side. I have since had two other surgeries to remove cysts from my left ovary. I have had several occurrences with cysts since then but my doctor does not want to do any more surgery because of the scarring that it has caused. I am on birth control and this is not controlling them. My left fallopian tube is blocked due to scarring from the surgeries and endometriosis. I am going to the fertility clinic tomorrow to see about IVF. I am very nervous but excited at the same time. I have wanted nothing more in life to have children. I have not been told that its now or never but I too am not willing to risk it and not willing to just wait around to see what happens or to find a husband and father. There are so many times that I have thought that I just wanted them to go ahead and remove the other ovary because of the pain and problems that it has caused but I know that is not the solution. I have to have my own children first.
    I hope things are going well with you!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Options
    Hello All,
    36 y/o w/endo.
    After 3 surgeries, (the last one took 8 hours and 6 inches of my colon) I was told I have to have a baby like NOW...
    So here I am, less than 19 hours from getting my first IUI.
    No husband or boyfriend. Feeling a little scared but positive. Any advise and or prayers are welcome.
    WISHING BABY LUCK TO ALL OF US!