Options

question about IUI vs ICI

I have a question maybe someone can help me. What is the major difference between IUI and ICI. And If a person purchases IUI can it be used as an ICI (meaning inseminated in cervix only) if that is all that is available from the specific donor???

Comments

• Options
    IUI means that the sperm is inserted into your uterus via a tiny tube and syringe. ICI means that the sperm is just deposited by/on top of/near your cervix and it still has to travel through the cervix to get to the uterus. I don't think that its advisable to use them interchangably. good luck.
  • Options
    No... if the specimen is prepared as IUI, curse of reading, it lacks the protective fluids to help the sperm swim like they need to if you were to use it for ICI. However, you can use a ICI vial for IUI IF it's prepared (i.e. washed) by your RE. IUI sperm are already washed and ready to go.
  • Options
    thanks for your responses that was helpful I have one more question can the dr do an ICI also or just IUI??
  • Options
    yes the doctor can do ICI as well, but why pay them for that?
  • Options
    J: Look on the internet... you can do ICI yourself since that's how little ones get made "traditionally"... but we're changing what that means, aren't we? :)

IUI MUST be done by a physican since it involved inserting a catheter through the cervix (which is as far as ICI goes) and directly into the uterus.
  • Options
    thank you everyone for their input and advice.
  • Options
    how many inseminations can you do with a purchase of one vial??
  • Options
    One vial will do one insemination. A vial is about 10% of a "donation" so less than that would be spreading it a little thin.
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    Now what is the difference between IUI/ART and IUI/Premium
  • Options
    You want IUI premium for an IUI. ART vials are primarily designed for IVF and don't really have enough in them for an IUI.
  • Options
    I was just wondering because there is a considerable price difference. thanks