Options

With 4 failed attempts with 11255, I was thinking of switching to 11521. Does anyone have any information about this donor, or has anyone been successful with him? I am really starting to get depressed with my quest of becoming a mother!!

Comments

• Options
    I'm also interested in this donor? Any feed back??
  • Options
    I just bought 2 vials today. My Husb and I have done 6 IUI's with no pregnancies. Our 1st donor IUI is next week. I hope this info will not be breaking any rules as it was free for the asking...I just spoke with the Client Services Dept. They were extremely helpful. His attractiveness rating is a 7/8.5. I suspected it to be low as he is a scruffy kinda guy, according to "staff impressions." I was pleased to hear that he scored so well. Of course that is subjective and perhaps to me a 7 is fine but you want an 8.5. That being said, my husband and I are very attractive people, so I just didn't want a donor with sticky outy ears or anything... She also told me that he has very nice features and amazing eyes, but facial hair (which made us both laugh and then we agreed that we don't like beards-she was great to talk to). I earlier found a thread from april which said he had >5 pregnancies, but no births. :-( But according to the girl on the phone, he now has <5births. She also told me not to be too focused on the birth reports because most people dont call back to report. I suggest you should call the Client Services Dept as it was a wonderful experience. He is retired (no longer donating)but has been in touch with them as recent as a year ago, when he brought in a baby photo. Also via thread, someone said that they had purchased 2 vials and both counts post wash were <5mil. I believe they have a guaranteed # of 5mil so you can get another vial for free. Overall, I believe that each donor, just like each of us has his plusses and minuses. I kindof find it amusing when people write things like "I have just narrowed it down to my top 30!" Maybe it is just a differrence in the way we each make decisions (see Kiersey Report). But for us, we narrowed things down to top 5. I took a post it not and made a +/- list for eachand gave them an overall score from 1-10. He was our top guy. For us, we just knew and there was very little doubt (We also bought info on 11328, but he looks sooo different from my husband and we didn't care for his interview or facial features report). I do hope jess writes back to let us know what she ended up doing. Good luck and feel free to keep this rolling. And please let me know what you decide. Jen
  • Options
    Oops...It should read "Post-It note". Should have proof read. :-)
  • Options
    We R currently on day 5 of the 2ww with him!!!
  • Options
    Wow. Well We have our 1st IUI with donor this thursday 9/2. You must be up to day 9. I'll keep fingers crossed and say a prayer for you. DO you know what happened to KJett or Jess?
  • Options
    Also, is there a way to search by user ID? I feel like it is so hard for me find our discussions...I added interested parties in the subject to make it easier. Hope you dont mind.
  • Options
    Hello all -

I am on day 4 of my 5th IUI with 11521. I have had one out of five vials be more than 10mill post thaw, and that one was 10.5mil. I know of two other couples that are currently preggo with this donor. I am glad to see that he is an attractive man, as it is very nerve racking to not know what the man looks like!

Keep me posted on how it all goes for everyone. YOu can find me on facebook, Kari Vesey Jett, or on the CCB Friends fb page.

Best of luck!

Kari
  • Options
    @jlmcurly no but u can google donor # go to google: cryobank.com 11521 to search differnt donor change the #!!

Will be on our second try around the 15th!!!
  • Options
    #5 IUI BFN :-(
  • Options
    Off for our second IUI today!!! Hoping for the best!!
  • Options
    Aleigh-well???

Kari-so sorry (BTW what does BFN mean? I must be a dork.). I did go to FB and saw your photo (and you are just adorable). Just scared to make any of this public to our friends. My hubby is VERY private.Perhaps I'll email you on FB and see how that feels.

I hope you will both keep posting. We did our 1st DIUI. Count was 4.2mil. Not prego. 2nd one will be this weekend. On the topic of count, my doc says there is no data supporting improved outcome with ANYTHING over 4 million. In other words anything over 4mil (be it 5mil or 20mil) gives the same likelihood of pregnancy.
  • Options
    Did you figure out what BFN means?? There is an acronym list if you search the boards. It stands for Big Fat Negative....takes awhile to figure out all the TTC lingo!!

Stay in touch via facebook!! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    It was an BFN month!!! We went to the Doc today and started meds!!!
  • Options
    We had to skip this month. I had a giant folicle on day 12 and progesterone levels indicated it was already too high. Bummed. Colealeigh Clomid? Do you have side effects? Maybe this will be your month! Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    No femara!!!! Havin no side effects!!! Looking to do #3 this weekend!!!
  • Options
    How did it go colealeigh? Just had #2 with 11521. on day 2 of 2ww.
    You are so luck to have no side effects. I have been hot flashing, mood flashing for about a year now. My poor husband is a saint.
  • Options
    Praying for you kjett.
  • Options
    We switch donors and took Femara and we r excited to say we r pregnant!!!!! 4 weeks 4 days
  • Options
    Congrats Stacy!! Which donor did you use?
  • Options
    Thanks!!! We went with 11744!!! We still have two of 11521 and plan on still using them if everything go's good with this first one.

All the baby dust in the world to U!!!!