Options

Baby dust

My wife and I just ordered our donor! We're so excited! I'm starting Clomid on Sunday, so we'll be testing my ovulation in about a week! Please send good thoughts and baby dust our way! Thank you! :)

Comments

• Options
    Hi 2moms2bewehope. What donor did you end up selecting? I saw in another post you were considering 13765. We just purchased 13765 this morning and I will be doing IUI early next week. This is our second try but first with this donor. Sending baby dust your way and hopefully keeping a little for myself :-).
  • Options
    Hi coco! We did choose donor 13765 as well! Yay! His pictures are adorable. Are you using any medication for this insemination? We would love to keep in touch with you guys! Definitely sending good thoughts and baby dust your way too! :)
  • Options
    I did 4 days on Comid and 6 days on Bravelle. I can't say I enjoyed giving myself injections but it was tolerable. Just one more injection to go. Thankfully I have really not had any side effects. Hopefully you will tolerate the Comid just fine. Good luck! Looks like I will do IUI tomorrow or Monday. Then the dreaded TWW.
  • Options
    Baby dust sent to the both of you! My partner and I did our 1st IUI on the 8th and just found out we're PREGNANT! Wish you all the best of luck!
  • Options
    Congratulations baby fever to you and your partner! That's so exciting! :) I'm on day 3 of clomid and have been getting terrible headaches. I'm thinking early next week for my iui. This is already all that's on my mind, I can't imagine how I'll/we'll be during the 2ww. Thank you and hope your pregnancy goes smoothly! :)
  • Options
    Well my 2WW has begun! I did IUI this morning. I am really hoping this one works. There is so much waiting with this process it is enough to drive you insane. 2moms I had terrible headaches my first IUI cycle on Femara so they switched me to Clomid for the 2nd IUI cycle and I have not had any headaches this go around. Congratulations Baby Fever hopefully I am right behind you!
  • Options
    Hi coco! Just thought we'd check I'm and see how your 2ww is going? We're keeping our fingers crossed for you guys and hoping for the same for us. I've finished my clomid, so now we're just waiting for a positive ovulation. I've been checking several times a day do we don't miss it. Hope you're doing well! :).
    Holli & Amy
  • Options
    Hi Holli and Amy,

Thanks for checking in on me. I am 6dpiui and time feels like it is standing still. At least I am about half way through. Waiting is truly hard. Your mind plays such games. Have you had your IUI yet?
  • Options
    Yes, I'm sure time couldn't go any slower. I'm feeling it too. I have not had my iui yet. I've been checking my ovulation 4 times a day. Just to be sure I won't miss it. My Dr has me coming in at 11 am the day after lh surge. So, fingers crossed in the next day or two. Are you on the CCB friends Facebook group?
  • Options
    I had my IUI last week and will find out if it worked on the 18th. We couldn't believe just how fast the IUI procedure went. We had 12.4 million in our vial. Did you find out your count in your vial? Hope everything is going well! Lots of baby dust being sent your way! :)
  • Options
    Hi Coco23,

Did you test yet? I'm on the tww too from donor 12992. I'm testing this Friday! I'm so anxious!

Liz
  • Options
    Wishing you baby dust Holli and Amy!
  • Options
    Unfortunately I got a BFN. I have been trying to stay positive and remind myself that this is a long process and that it takes time and eventually it will work but it is hard. I am going to try again this month probably around the 23rd. So for now I am back on clomid and trying to enjoy/survive the rollercoaster ride. Here is to hoping the third times a charm. Baby dust to 2moms and Edrodiguez!
  • Options
    Coco23, don't give up. On average they say it takes 3-4 times. Just feel positive and know what when it is meant to be, it will be. Get more in tune with your body and really try not to stress cause that can effect your body's hormone levels. We are in the same boat. My wife is on her final day of Clomid, then ultrasound to check follicles Friday and possible insemination next week. We are impatient and she swears it will work the first time, I on the other hand am a bit more realistic... Best of luck to all of you and hope we can all post one day we are expecting! baby dust!
  • Options
    Coco, sorry to hear this last one didn't work. I hope you get a different result this month. I would be frustrated too. Are you going with a different donor or using 13765 again?
  • Options
    Coco I got a bfn too. I haven't gotten af yet but I think tomorrow. How's it going for you? Baby dust!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you guys got a bfn too. I am getting ready to try again. I will probably do IUI on Sunday or Monday. My birthday is on Monday so you know what I will be wishing for when I blow out a candle. Are you going to try again?
  • Options
    We inseminate tomorrow and are so excited and eager. I am a bit more realistic with the probability of a negative in 2 weeks, but my wife who is being inseminated thinks the first one will stick. Best of luck to you all and stay positive! At least we know we got each other to relate too!
  • Options
    I got a BFN too! It was so disappointing. All I wanted to do was give up. Thank God I have a good support system who has been there for me. After lots of consideration I decided I'm going to try again! I should ovulate Monday or Tuesday. Here's to Round 2! Hope it works this time. Baby dust to everyone else trying too...
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Coco! :) Did you have your IUI yet? We're talking about trying it again. I just got aF today...5 days late. I kept hoping that af being late meant I was preggo, but the tests proved I wasn't. We are thinking of trying again this cycle. I'm going to use Clomid again, unless the Dr says to switch to another.

Melnerin, how did your IUI go? The 2ww is the longest 2 weeks. Try to keep busy...your wife too. I hope it works the first try with you and your wife. Did you use any fertility pills? Please keep me posted.

Erodriguez, I know what you mean about feeling like giving up. It is draining, the stressing about it all, then getting a negative. But, then the excitement comes over you again once you decide to try again. I hope this round brings us all different results!
  • Options
    It is hard to get up the emotional strength to try again after a BFN. But once I got over the initial disappointment and was in the next IUI cycle I was able to switch back to the hope and anticipation mode. I just keep reminding myself that this is a normal part of the process and it takes most people several tries before it works.

I had my third IUI on Sunday and then another one on Monday. I am hoping that there is something cosmically positive about having an IUI on my birthday... you know birth and rebirth or something. Anyway each time I have tried a new cycle my Dr. has been more aggressive. So this time I did 5 days of clomid and 8 days of injections plus a trigger shot and two inseminations. I am hoping this is the magic recipe. Now I have to just sit and wait for the two weeks to pass by.
  • Options
    I just had my insemination today. Wish me luck!!! Baby dust to everyone on the TWW with me!
  • Options
    Coco, I hope that concoction does the trick! I haven't done 2 inseminations before, but it seems like it would help narrow the margin of error. I haven't done a trigger shot, but have thought about it. This will only be my 2nd IUI, so I don't have much to compare it to. I just started clomid today. We weren't sure we were going to do it this month, but we decided to try again. We did however decide to switch donors. We're going to try 13852. Hopefully, with your 2 IUIs and our new donor we'll all get a BFP!

Good luck to you coco and erodriguez! :)
  • Options
    Coco have you done any test yet? I'm still sending baby dust your way!
  • Options
    I test tomorrow morning. To say it has been long day is an understatement! I am feeling like AF is knocking at my door but I am hoping that I am wrong and that the cramping and tenderness that I am experiencing is drug/ PG related. Fingers crossed that I get positive news tomorrow.

2moms Have you had your IUI yet?

Erodriquez I hope you are surviving your TWW.

Sending baby dust to all!
  • Options
    @ Coco...I am sending baby dust your way! I have my fingers crossed you will be on here tomorrow sharing your BFP!

My partner and I are on the TWW ourselves...had back to back IUI's 3/2 & 3/3...we test on the 16th...I am praying AF doesn't come for a visit before then...(I am due next week. To everyone else on the TWW with us...I am sending LOTS of BABY DUST your way!
  • Options
    Coco, I hope you're getting positive results today!

I have not had iui yet. I should have it Sunday or Monday. I'm trying to get my ovulation timing just right. I didn't realize that frozen sperm only lives 12-48 hours...usually 12-24. So, that is a very small window.

Baby dust to you all! :)
  • Options
    I am delighted to report that I got a BFP this morning! To say that I am over the moon is an understatement. Now I just need to go to the doctor to talk the blood test to confirm.

The timing is so hard to know and frozen sperm shelf life is very limited. I found that the home ovulation kits were very unreliable for me personally. They never agreed with what my doctors tests said.

All of these timing issues is why I ended up doing back to back inseminations this time. My doctor felt that we might be a bit early on the first one so he said lets do a second one just so there is no doubt. Plus I had so many mature follicles from the medication he didn't want to let them go to waste. It makes it more expensive for sure but it if works I say it is worth it.

Good luck next week! Sending baby dust your way!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations, Coco! So excited for you :D
  • Options
    OMG Coco! I'm so excited and happy for you both! Your birthday wish came true! Please keep me posted! Congratulations!

Feel free to email me
    ahpetrich@gmail.com