Options

ualtigger... how's it going... part deux.

I tried to post on the original thread but, guess I've reached my limit!! :)

TT: I posted on the other thread... had my sniffle... let me know how things go, okay? Hugs for you.

AFM: Since I'm currently LATE and was also late on my first IUI, I've decided to see if the heifer shows... looking to test on Tuesday... which would be how late I was before the heifer came the last time... keep sending me that dust!!

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to you! I have been reading through the original thread and my have you had quite the journy. I hope with all my heart it works for you this time!
  • Options
    Tig its going to work this time. Test I can't stand it!!!
  • Options
    I know... I am supremely curious myself this time. I just want to see IF she shows... today is past the time when she showed the last time... the is the 2nd longest cycle (28 days and STILL counting) that I have had in recent memory... my last IUI, in August, the heifer was dead on at the 26th day.

Spending the day with Bishop T.D. Jakes... as I have every Sunday since I decided to quit working them... he relaxes me... and I get what my spirit needs as well.

Promise... I WILL test on Tuesday!!
  • Options
    Well... BFN for me... just got back from the ER. TMI alert....

Woke up this morning with severe cramping in my uterus and lower back and large amounts of clotted blood. My ER doc seems to think that since I was four days late that I did implant but, for whatever reasons, my body rejected my little one.

This was my third try with my donor, 11014... whom I call Mark, and I am going to try two more medicated IUI's although I don't know if I will use Mark again or move to another. Right now my emotions are running amok and I KNOW better than to make decisions so soon after this again.

Thanks for checking in and keeping track of me... will let you know where I go from here.

Alexis
  • Options
    Damn... i am sorry! I have a good feeling about the next one! Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Tig, I am so sorry, did they do blood work to see if you were actually pregnant? That was something that I would want to know. We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.
  • Options
    Me back!!

Yes, we did have urine and blood work and both came back negative so, if I had tested instead of waiting... who knows... I just know I'm not going to put myself through the "what ifs".

Moving to IVF now and I've found two RE's so far who will allow me to try IVF with my own eggs first... one is right here in Naperville (Dr. Randy Morris with IVF1.) and the other is in New York (Dr. John Zhang with New Hope Fertility). I am going to try close to home first because they are in my network so the procedures would be covered by my insurance and all I would have to pay for is the donor sperm as I have with my IUI's.

The other in New York has had a recent success with a 49 year old woman who just gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby with her own eggs... and all the doctor did was lower the amount of fertility drugs she was on. Turns out the high dosages that younger women can take reeks havoc on us older ones. He goes for QUALITY of eggs not QUANTITY of eggs which is what most RE's go for. Seeing that we don't have a lot of good ones left too high a dosage ruins the ones we do have.

So hoping to be back to work in March... not going to try this time and probably will still be getting set up next month. Good luck to everybody still trying!! OUR CHILDREN ARE COMING!!!
  • Options
    YEAH Tigs back!! I know that IVF is a lot more work but is next month out of the picture? Go with your own eggs and try it that way first, you never know what might happen. Best of luck and wishes to you. YES OUR BABIES ARE COMING!!!
  • Options
    Alexis, You are such an amazing woman. You have so many people pulling for you. You deserve this and I am praying that you get one of each this time around.
  • Options
    Jana: Thanks hon... it would be nice to have one of each the first time... I will take whatever He sends me... still seeing me and my first little one playing in the ocean in Hawaii in my dreams... hopefully this year.
  • Options
    Gale: I could never understand why RE's are so set against letting older moms use their own eggs until I realized that we're more WORK for them and, since everything with most of them is about statistics, we bring their success rates down. Sucks but true. You would think they would want us to use our own eggs... more money for them to make. :)
  • Options
    Alexis,

I bought vials from another donor but have been following your many threads after that and now am interesting in your Mark (donor #11014) :=). If you have any info for this donor (long profile, baby photo, ...), do you mind sharing it/them with me?

Wishing you and everyone best of luck and baby dreams come true!

RenewShine@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Hey Ualtigger
    How exciting that your are moving to IVF. I just moved to IVF myself and was lucky the first time. I am only 5 weeks, but I am loving every minute of it. I had a scare though when we did egg retreival I had 16 eggs 11 fertilized they put two in and the other 9 did not make it to freezing I was devasted and was for sure that the cycle was not going to take, but it did so no matter what there is always hope. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
    Kelly
  • Options
    I have my first appointment at IVF1 on the 1st of February and, if my cycle runs to course, I should have had it by then or be in the middle of it. Since I was four days late, I'm either on CD 11 or CD 15 so we shall see. CD 11 would have me due on the 29th & CD 15 would be the 25th.

Looking forward to getting started... and decided to stick with Mark :)... it's not his fault that I'm older!! :) Plus he has so much in common with my real Mark that I HATE to change!!

Shine: I have Mark's long profile which, when I figure out HOW to do it, I will send you, okay?

Cho: Glad to hear you are doing well... eight more weeks to go!

Hallelujah!! They've given us a version of spell check!! Mistype a word and you get a red line underneath it!!
  • Options
    Hi ualtigger,

I'm sorry about what happened, but I'm glad you're still fighting. I am too. Let me know if you'd like to talk more directly, and I'll post my e-mail address. If not I'll understand. Sometimes it's just hard to keep up with a lot of message boards, and it's hard to find people to talk to in our age group.

I'm in NY. I've had 2 failed IUIs and I may be moving to IVF soon also.
  • Options
    Always: Hey girlfriend... was wondering what happened to you. Sure we can chat... my email address is @yahoo.com... same name I post under.
    And since you're in New York, you can check out Dr. Zhang since he's there with you. I can't wait to get started again... just a few more weeks.
  • Options
    Alexis:

Thanks, but don't bother to figure out how to get the donor's info to me, I went ahead and bought the package #1. Still can't make final decision though.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
  • Options
    Shine: Thanks for saving me that... when it comes to paste and all that, I can't figure this stuff out!!

AFM: I may be in hold... again. Waiting for my medical records to come... from BOTH hospitals... and looking like I'll have to reschedule my appointment on the 1st and I should be almost done with the heifer by then. THIS IS ONLY ANOTHER TEST!!! Decided I'd go on vacation again :)... off work from the 23rd to the 10th of February... ahhhh :).
  • Options
    Yhe heifer started yesterday... so looking forward to March. Don't have enough time for this cycle plus I need to order more of Mark for this go around.

Have first appointment with IVF1 tomorrow when I get back home. Hoping everybody is doing okay as can be.
  • Options
    Me here.... TMI alert....

Dr. Morris is one interesting RE... by that I mean he takes the time to explain and, most importantly SHOW you what's going on. Had my first appointment yesterday. Luckily it was also my day 3 so I had those tests plus a ultrasound done (which I'd never had before this early). Right ovary had one measurable follicle and the left wasn't having anymore poking around and decided to hide this time. He liked the blood flow to the uterus... which he made a point of showing me on the screen while I was trying NOT to make a PUDDLE of said flow on the exam table :).

I'm waiting for the AMH results which will tell how well I'm actually doing however the FSH results came back today and I had to make her read it to me THREE times because I thought she was leaving off a digit. In April 2009 I was at 12.8... yesterday I measured at 3.8. While FSH is tricky, AMH is definite so hoping that that is okay as well since all other testing was well within the normal range. So I intend to keep on mooing (Wheatgrass), treeing (Chaste Tree/Vitex) and unicorning (False Unicorn Root) since they seem to be helping my body get in better shape.

And that fibroid? The one my first RE was so HOT for me to have surgery about? Not only did Dr. Morris show it to me, he measured it as well... it's gone from 7mm (which he sincerely doubted it ever was in the first place) to LESS than 3mm AND about a mm or so above my uterus in the muscle wall... no surgery needed... and Chaste Tree is said to help SHRINK those and I'd have to agree on THAT. I'm gonna like this guy!! :)

So... once the paper trail is complete... I'll begin chasing my kids again... think I'm gonna catch and get to cuddle at LEAST one of them this time.

Prayers and hugs to all,
    Alexis
  • Options
    Hi ualtigger,

I sent you an e-mail some time back. It might have gone to your spam folder. I'm glad to see you're doing well with your FSH levels. I'm also glad you had positive vibes from Dr. Morris. I only spoke with him via e-mail. He brought up the 2 letters I didn't want to hear, so I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from him and my FSH was 7.3 at the time. I may eventually have to face those 2 letters, but I wanted to try first.

Baby dust to us all.
  • Options
    Me back!! Decided since my cycles went haywire after my last IUI that I'd take a few months off and let my body and mind get themselves together again.

Hoping for the next IUI in May... have a re-consult with Dr. Morris on the 21st... heifer should show about the 28/29 of April.

Good luck to everybody still trying and prayers for those who are waiting to try or waiting to snuggle.
  • Options
    Well... for those of you who've been keeping up with me... hoping for a re-start in May. Heifer is due to show on the 29th of April. Hoping this time brings me a little one!!
  • Options
    I'm praying for you ualtigger! ITs our turn to get our BFPs!
  • Options
    Heifer started right on time. Going with the injectibles this time and just had my first shot... kinda tickled... compared with the other things I've stuck myself with. Had six follies on my left ovary and, I think, the same amount on the right one... have a check due on Wednesday to see how we're doing.
  • Options
    Been on the follistim since last Saturday... doing okay. Have added the low dose hcg and will add Ganirelix tonight. I have one follicle @ 16mm now and I guess we want to try and see if we get a few more since Ganirelix prevents you from ovulating until you trigger. Back in on Monday to see how we do... feeling calm about this one.

How's everybody else?
  • Options
    Just had my fourth IUI but first one with a fully medicated cycle. My counts & motility for "Mark":-) this time rivals a LIVE donor according to my nurse. So I start the prometrium tonight and I'm back in the TWW again.
  • Options
    Oops, I mean I start the endometrim... progesterone support... tonight! :-)
  • Options
    Got my results back for my last IUI: Mark's counts were 33.5 million with 61% motility... and that was AFTER the thawing process... wonder what it was BEFORE? Hopefully this is my turn!!
  • Options
    Doing well so far... tested above 20 on my progesterone test yesterday so will be able to test next Wed... since I had injectible meds this time, I have to go in for a blood test. Hoping this time my lil' folk are here!!