Options

TV Segment on CA Cryobank/Celebrity Look-a-Likes

Kind of fun to see this in the news:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Sperm-Bank-Uses-Familiar-Faces-to-Categorize-Donors-98670364.html

--CSS

Comments

• Options
    I am a little bit disheartened by all of the negative comments people added. Do people realize how difficult adoption really is? I feel much more responsible going through CA Cryobank than trolling the bars for sperm!
  • Options
    It has been a while since I have posted but I saw this and could not help myself. My husband can not have kids due to having testicular cancer when he was 15 yrs. old. I would with youth who are in foster care, so I understand that there are kids who needs home I work with them everyday. I love my job and would not trade it for anything, but when we started this process I looked into adoption after we had 8 failed IUI's and was told that it would be a conflict of interest if I adopted inside our county, and I would be asked to quit my job. After getting very discouraged because I did not want to spend $50 thousand on private adoption those kids are going to get a home. I went to IVF and now I am 33 wks and loving every minute of it and it was totally worth it. The Kids that I work with are very excited and are lining up to baby sit. You just have to ignore people who are well educated on the subject you don't know what you will do until you are in that situation yourself. I would not change anything otherthan moving to IVF quicker. Sorry for the rambling, but I could not help myself.
  • Options
    Sorry lots of mistakes I ment to say work with foster youth, and people who are NOT well educated on the subject
  • Options
    cholland59411- congratulations on being pregnant. Blessings and prayers for a healthy baby. Thank you for working with the children in foster care. I know it is an act of love.

I have tried 2x to adopt drug exposed babies that came to me from the hospital. I held a little boy in my arms for five months and a girl for nine months before the state decided to return the children to the family who had not seen them the entire time and after telling me I was going to adopt. I understand the heartache and that most people do not understand how difficult it is to adopt.

I will be having my first IUI in September.