Options

How to find the PERFECT formula!?!?

Hi everyone,

So my first IUI was unsuccessful and I am contemplating the route to take for the second IUI. My Dr ordered 50mg of Clomid for me to start taking cycle day 5-9 (starts tomorrow). Here are my thoughts and questions:

I am not scheduled to do an ultrasound or a trigger shot. Just Clomid for the five days and then OPK. It has been suggested by a friend to not waste the vial unless I am certain the eggs are mature and ready for visitors. My problem is this, I have very limited funds and only have two vials left. I am saving for additional vials but if I move forward with the Ultrasound and Trigger I will deplete my "Vial Fund".

I am 39 years old and have no known fertility issues. I have only attempted one IUI as I am doing this on my own because I want to be a mom. Should I just go for the u/s and trigger with what money I have because the chance of pregnancy is better or save for additional vials and take a step by step non aggressive approach?

All suggestions and thoughts are welcome. I thank you in advance form a women completely alone in what seems to be such a huge world of unknowns!

Comments

• Options
    And now..... I'm reading about doing two IUI around ovulation! Do I use both vial and go for the whole package? How do we know what to do??
  • Options
    I would highly suggest ultrasound and blood work on day 12. That information is valuable! Without it you could be throwing away all the money spent on the vial due to just blindly using it.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    HI, I too am doing this alone. I have already done 2 rounds with clomid and one with injectables and am saving now for my second round with injectables. I agree with your friend, make sure that you have good follicles before trying. My doctor told me that back to back IUIs really doesnt increase your chance if the timing is right and the sperm count is high.

We are in similar situations it seems. If you want to keep in touch pleaes feel free to email me at petittkaren@sbcglobal.net. Its nice to have someone to talk with that understands what youre going through.

LOTS OF BABY DUST!! I hope we both get what we want

Karen
  • Options
    Thank you both for your advise. I agree with the thought that two back to back vials doesn't increase the chance. It just makes plan sense if you really think about it. Just a lot more swimmers in there but I think one vial is a lot of swimmers in the first place! :) I don't remember the exact numbers but my vial seemed like a lot of em and high motility rate when the dr told me the numbers. Guess it just wasn't my day for my eggs to wanna play :(

SOME DAY!!