Options

Has anyone had success with this donor??

Comments

• Options
    Hi there. I am curious to know if you used this donor with any success. We will be using him next month.
  • Options
    Hello my gf and I are 10 weeks prego with this donor 12874 on 4th iui!! she is due Feb 14th We actually have 2 vitals in storage not sure what are plan is
  • Options
    That's great news. We hope this time will be successful for us.
  • Options
    I am using donor #12874 as well. I just tried my first IUI and it didn't take. Keep me posted on how it goes for you all. I'm single and trying to conceive. I was drawn to his baby pictures. They are just the cutest! Anyway, I am new to the bulletin boards. Keep me posted.
  • Options
    My wife and I used this donor. We did one round of Artificial Insemination but it did not take. We decided to just go ahead with IVF the following month and we are now expecting TWINS February 2014!!

Tilly10 do you know what you are having?
  • Options
    Hi LAmomsJS,

That is so exciting. Do you know what gender your twins are?

I am about to have my 3rd IUI with donor 12874 and I am hoping that this one sticks. I am now wishing that I had gone right to IVF but it's hard to know.

All the best,
    Kate
  • Options
    Hi LAmomsJS
    We are having a boy!! due date Feb 14 2014!! congrats on twins what are you having?

send us some updates pics hes our email silvalysandra@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Congratulations to all of you. Tilly10
    If you don't mind me asking, what method did you and your partner use? We tried last month with this donor and were unsuccessful. I've read other posts saying that his counts weren't that great so, I'm curious to see if we should be switching donors.
  • Options
    We have tried 3 failed IUI's with this donor. I am also interested in other success stories.
  • Options
    I tried this donor for 3 IUIs and none of them took. I really had my heart set on him but as soon as I switched donors (I used 13676 on the most recent) I got pregnant. I know that it seems a few people have been successful but it does seem from the message boards that some of them are through IVF or through 4 or more IUIs.
    Even though this donor seems so great, I don't think the sperm ends up being the best quality.
    My advice is to switch unless you can afford 4 or more IUIs or IVF. If I could have afforded it, I probably would have done IVF with this donor.

Wish I could have been more optimistic about this one . . . . I LOVE his profile and baby photos!
  • Options
    we love his baby pics sooooo cute!!
    My partner has blue eyes
    I find it interesting his sperm count was much higher than average/expected once our doctor prepared it for IUI. After 3 round of IUI I started losing faith in whole process. My partner and I even thought about taking a break because it was mental physically draining, however we had 1 Vital left and used it #4 and it worked with the IUI process. ALl of our vials were purchased IUI ready. We honestly talked about changing the donor, but the doctor told us his numbers were great and even the most healthy people take 7-10 times on average. We actually had a DR appt. day before our pregnancy test. Dr was planning on putting us on Clomid. Surprise your pregnant!!
    My best advice is try to relax and have faith! I know this is a stressful process and pricey but in the end it will be worth it!! The last month we tried and were successful, we actually decided last minute to try again. It was still early compared to my normal ovulation so i started testing the following day and SURPRISE SURPRISE i ovulated early...i really think it was due to less stress. It plays a huge part in your monthly cycle. I say, as long as his numbers look good when your doctors prepares them keep at it!!!! Our doctor told us the sperm count before inseminating each time and compared it to the average and best numbers. They should be doing this for you as well. BEST OF LUCK AND KEEP AT IT!!!

Sending you baby dust !!
  • Options
    hello all,

we are thinking of using this donor, if you don't mind telling me if you are having boys or girls?

congrats on all the pregnancies and baby dust to all trying.
  • Options
    Hi Tilly,

I emailed you, but maybe didn't send it correctly? How are you doing with the pregnancy? My wife is almost 34 weeks with our boy/girl twins from this donor (IVF). Would love to talk to you more, are you on BabyCenter?

Jess&Scout
  • Options
    My wife and I used this donor and we now have a beautiful happy baby boy. It took us 4 times using iui (which we were told was the average). We were told by our doctors that his sperm count was above average. I had tried for years before this and wasn't sucessful and now I am older so we were thrilled when we got pregnant. I was told the more you can relax the better your chances are. Hope this is helpful.

My wife and I were thinking of starting a facebook page for people who had have children with this donor? If your interested in joining the facebook page you can email my wife at bjwehner@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Hi all! My wife and I have a happy two-year-old boy conceived with this sperm. We are eager to have another child, but, thinking that we'd just have one, didn't purchase any additional sperm. Do any of you have sperm that you no longer need and would be interested in selling to us? If so, please contact me at benson.april@gmail.com. Thanks, all.