Options

Progesterone Supplements

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone had a great & stress-free weekend!

I was wondering for those of you that are taking Progesterone supplements what kind of side effects you may be experiencing. I just began taking Prometrium after this IUI (5 DPIUI) and I have been feeling kinda quesy and not really having much of an appetite lately.

It didn't really hit me until this morning that maybe it was the Progesterone? I tried to look it up online and it does really list nausea as a side effect...

Thanks for your help!
Kimbely

Comments

• Options
    hey kimberly,

i took vaginal progresterone supplements (prometrium) and the only side effects i think i had was a little bit of cramping. but, i do think what you are feeling is normal. what's weird is i think i felt a little quesy after the sperm was injected like i was reacting to it or something. that could be it. hope you feel better! that feeling hsould subside.

ginny
  • Options
    Thanks Ginny! I knew not to try to attribute this to a pregnancy - just WAY too soon for those symptoms, but it is not bad enough for the stomach flu either.

I did luck out & my Dr gave my the pills instead of the suppositories!Whew!!

~Kimberly

BTW - My 1st post should have said that the internet does NOT really list nausea as a side effect.
  • Options
    So cramping is normal for the suppositories? We did IUI and have to wait until the 30th to test, but I have been cramping and thought it might be my period coming on.
  • Options
    BabyMomma,

I have read that the earliest pregnancy symptoms often do mimic PMS. There are lots of stories of women that thought their cycle was starting, only to be pleasantly surprised with a BFP!

I am 11 DPIUI and have also been having little "twinges" of cramping & ovarian pain... Praying it's baby & not AF!

Good luck!
    Kimberly
  • Options
    yes, cramping is normal with suppositories...at least for me it was.