Options

My First IUI

Hi! I have my first IUI this month. I am on day 6. I'm nervous, but excited. I test my temperature every morning and will use the ovulation sticks starting on day 10. I got the digital sticks...but my goodness... they are mighty expensive. I think that I will use the regular sticks (with the two lines) until I get closer to when I actually think I might get my LH surge and then switch to the digital (smiley face) sticks. Any other tips out there for me? I know that timing will be everything since I'm using donor sperm. I heard one girl say that when she got closer to when she thought she might get her surge, she tested every 6 hours. I might need to do the same. Timing is so important. I'd appreciate any tips anyone has for me. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I am excited because, I got a positive OPK stick today this means I'll be going in for my first IUI tomorrow morning. I actually got three different tests just to be sure because you are right timing is everything. I am trying to not get too excited because the IUI first time success rate isn't that good...but I am still hoping everything turns the way I want.
    About testing every 6 hours I think thats a good idea but I asked my doctor and he said it wasn't necesary. Well I wish you the best, good luck.
  • Options
    Just a bit of testing advice...I test 4 times a day. I do this because my first month of IUI, I tested at 10 am and didn't plan to test again until dinner time. On a whim, I test again at 1:00pm and got a positive. It can happen at anytime throughout the day. My doctor told me to test once a day, between 10am and 2pm, which is not enough. When timing is so important, it's vitally important to know what time you surged. I would test every 6 hours for sure!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the advice jenhar616 and ninargv.
    How did it go ninargv? Did you rest all day or just go about business as usual?
  • Options
    I went to work and left at noon for my 2pm IUI, I waited a while in the room and when the doctor came in for the IUI it took maybe less than 5 min. she told me to rest for 15-20 min. and then I could go. It didn't hurt and it was fast. After I went shopping with my mom. I hope, I hope, I hope I get preg with this first try. Let me know how ur doing.
  • Options
    Good luck ninargv!!! I had my IUI today. The sperm count was 31... which they said was good. My procedure went about the same way as yours. I'm just resting today. When are you going to find out your results?
  • Options
    I was very happy when I was told that the sperm I used was at 35M with 13M with good motility,looks like so far we made good choices with our donors. as for the results I still have about a week to go.
    I have heard that the waiting period for many is stressful and I was sure it was going to be the same for me but to be honest it hasn't been that bad, I try to keep super busy at work and go to bed early so I don't torment myself at every moment. I guess that has really helped me.
    I wish you the best my fingers are crossed for both of us and everyone else TTC.